Fuzz Duster - half way there!

If there’s one thing the cold and snowy winter weather is good for, it’s finding some time and excuse to go hibernate in the modelling room! I’ve been hard at work on the Fuzz Duster, and I’ve gotten the interior and engine/chassis done.

There’s still a lot of work to do on the body, but it’s coming along! Check out what I’ve got at the link below and let me know what you think!

https://adamrehorn.wordpress.com/2017/01/12/volare-mid-build-update-sit-down-and-feel-the-lean-burn/ 

Talk about a trip down memory lane!  I never owned a Volare but you're capturing the look of the Eighties rather well.  I have a few comments, though. 

Your model must represent a showroom new car as there are no oil leaks around the valve covers. And where are the plug wires? Lastly, I think the transmission is too shiny. Even new, those Torqueflites were dull from the casting process.

Love your treatment of the underhood reservoirs.  Boffo.

And you pretty much nailed the engine color as I remember it.  My brother had a '78 Duster for a short while before alcohol wrecked it.

Your vinyl treatment is interesting.  I have a partially-built '70 Cutlass that stalled (no pun intended) and I can improve the interior using your methods.

I look forward to photos of your completed kit.

Always glad that my models bring out memories, and hopefully good ones. I grew up with cars like this littering my town house complex, so I have a soft spot for them! :)

Yes, it is a factory fresh car. Almost all of my cars are built that way. No matter how beat down, rusty and dilapidated a car may end up, all of them,from the greatest Muscle Car to the lowliest Econobeater, started life as a happy, shiny car. All were built shiny and delivered with gleaming chrome, shiny tires and mirror reflective paint. At least they're supposed to be. I want to capture that moment in my models. 

I'll take that note about Torqueflights under advisement. I'm sure I'll use it to good advantage next time. Thanks! I never wire engines. I love to build them, but can't be bothered to wire them. My cars are almost always out of box, and I like to see how the kit makers intended it. Just a personal stylistic thing. 

Glad you like the reservoirs, too. I like to make them look "factory full". 

Thanks for the compliments on my interior. If you can make use of the technique, I hope it works for you! Glad to be of help, and good luck with the Olds, too!