Master airbrush TC-20T compressor

I just bought this compressor:

http://www.tcpglobal.com/ABD-TC-20T.html#.WHfQW1UrJpg

When I turn it on, and let it run, it never goes past 19 PSI.   I checked for leaks, and I can;t find anything.   I was hoping for a compressor that shuts off when it reaches a certain PSI.   I've adjusted the gauge both ways, and wrapped lines in plumbers tape.

DaveT

My first thought would be, if it doesn't work, brand new out of the box...it's going back and I won't be buying that brand again.

To address the problem, I would read the manual and see if you missed anything. As an aside, I just happened upon the manual for my Porter Cable and it said to run it with the drain open for 15 minutes. Then I would paint a soapy solution around all the joints to see if any leaks are present. 

Just for my own curiosity I Googled TCP and came up with many less than stellar reviews by customers. I seems like they are on a par with Harbor Freight, who has some good stuff and a lot of junk. But, could have been an isolated incident.

And as a huge aside...I went to school in Halifax for eight years...four at St Mary's ('63) and four at Dalhousie ('67). Yep, I'm older than dirt :) I was living in Brockton, MA at the time and now in Liverpool, NY.

Let us know how you make out.

Bob

If you are reading the pressure on the gauge, that is what the moisture trap regulator will put out to your airbrush (approx. 15-20 PSI for most paints), can be adjusted by pulling the knob out to unlock it then turning it one way or the other to increase or decrease the pressure. The compressor itself has an automatic cutoff switch at about 50 PSI or so, when the moisture trap pressure drops to about 35 PSI it will automatically kick on the compressor to bring the pressure back to approximately 50 PSI, this pressure is not indicated on the pressure dial that you can see. I have used these compressors with and without air tanks, 110V and 240V, for 10 years, none of them have failed yet.

V/r

Ron

I have the same compressor and it work great.

Did you close the dtain valve?

If not they have great customer service you should contact them. They replaced my faulty tc28 even 3 monts after waranty end