KASL F-14 wing flap & slat set for 1 48 Tamiya Tomcat

They look very nice and they look like they got them correct as well.

Maybe the cry babies will be quiet now but, I'm sure someone will have something to complain about on these.

Steve

Edited by A-10 LOADER
1 hour ago, glorystomper said:

blah, i ordered a couple sets from HLJ and the price is way more! guess i can cancel from them and order from redstar.. thanks for the heads up!

i've take a look to see what you where referring to... just:OUCH!  ...they're willing to sell the KASL wings 8$USD more than the Tamiya kit itself!!!

3 hours ago, A-10 LOADER said:

They look very nice and they look like they got them correct as well.

Maybe the cry babies will be quiet now but, I'm sure someone will have something to complain about on these.

Steve

Easy: Price!! :D :D They are the most expensive after market stuff since Su-33/Su-35 conversions in 1/48, lol. 

2 hours ago, foxmulder_ms said:

Easy: Price!! :D :D They are the most expensive after market stuff since Su-33/Su-35 conversions in 1/48, lol. 

While I agree they are pricey, I hardly think they are "the most expensive after market stuff." There are MANY Eduard Big Ed sets that retail for double the retail of these wings. D-Mold (whose stuff is GREAT) has at least 5 sets that retail for what the KASL sets sell for. There are many other examples I could give, however if these simply aren't your cup of tea, well so be it.

Options are always a good thing. They certainly look cool! While I prefer my Navy planes with everything tucked and folded I may consider grabbing one of these sets.

6 hours ago, foxmulder_ms said:

DING, DING, DING, and we have a winner Johnny !! What did you expect, your getting 2 wings with slats and flaps, that's a lot of resin.

Steve

11 hours ago, glorystomper said:

managed to cancel the HLJ orders and switch them over to Red Star... has anyone ordered from them before? any issues?

I have ordered from them a few times and they are top notch. My understanding is that Red Star is Paul Cotcher's company. Mr. Cotcher has a good reputation as a straight shooter around the web and as I said, I've placed at least 3 orders with Red Star and they have been issue free. My most recent order was for two KH Banshee kits, which arrived within days of Red Star receiving them from Asia.

2 hours ago, Matt Walker said:

Kind of a shame they didn't make them so the dropped flap wings could slide off and interchange with the kit wings....

M

i agree, but as flaps and slats can be added at a later stage of the assembly, and can(should) only be placed a 20 degree (fully deployed) ...it is less of a problem than for movable wings.

:jaw-dropping: the wings set is only 15.00 less than what you can find the kit for if you really shop around. Man That is not cheap...then you need to tack on shipping..

If AMK were smart they could design their wings very very similar to Tamiya's and how the fitment is and then sell the dirty wings separate...

Or Maybe Tamiya should just tool up a dirty wing and sell it as an upgrade...:hmmm:

13 minutes ago, Ishthe47guy said:

Looking for the exact forum post (might be on FB), but it was posted that the wings from a Hase F-14 will work on a Tamiya kit pretty easily, so if you have Hase kits in the stash, save them and swap the wings.

Think I saw that FB post. It said the Hasegawa flaps are a bit wrong but still works well on the Tamiya kit if you can live with that error.

I remember having read about the Hasegawa error in the flap configuration somewhere else too, although I don't remember in exactly which way they are wrong.

Edited by Anders_Isaksson