Trumpeter 32nd scale A-6A kit

Hi all,

After seeing some very nice Sunday Punchers Vietnam era decals from Zotz, I'm thinking of picking up this kit. I've found a number of reviews on the web, but they're mostly in box reviews. Has anyone actually built one of these yet? Also, how is the accuracy? I can live with a few small problems, but as we all know, Trumpeter is pretty famous for really getting shapes wrong. Thanks in advance! Fred K.

Check out Large Scale Planes and in your google search try a word like "build" for better results. I have the A-6E version and the AOA decals. Every build I've seen of the jet looks stunning. I've been screwed by the folks at Trumpeter twice, but all their newer stuff along with Hobby Boss has been good stuff.

8 hours ago, Starfighter said:

It's a great kit indeed. The instructions were a bit hard to understand, so I ended up with this:

DSC_8004a.jpg

IMG_0941a.jpg

Seriously??? 32nd scale?? Now that's impressive! Fred K.

On ‎1‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 0:18 AM, karl h said:

Very nice, but a little concerning regarding the paint not sticking. I'll be following your build. I was planning on getting going on my A-6 kit once it arrives, but now that Kittyhawk is supposedly coming out with a new tool 32nd F-5E in March, I'm going to be all over that instead! Thanks, Fred K.

On ‎1‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 8:11 PM, Darren Roberts said:
On ‎1‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 9:42 AM, fulcrum1 said:

Check out Large Scale Planes and in your google search try a word like "build" for better results. I have the A-6E version and the AOA decals. Every build I've seen of the jet looks stunning. I've been screwed by the folks at Trumpeter twice, but all their newer stuff along with Hobby Boss has been good stuff.

Thanks Brian! Fred

12 hours ago, Starfighter said:

It's a great kit indeed. The instructions were a bit hard to understand, so I ended up with this:

DSC_8004a.jpg

IMG_0941a.jpg

I'm a bit confused. Are you saying you started with the Trumpeter 1/32 A-6 and scratch built an EA-6B out of it? If that's the case, I'm gobsmacked!

30 minutes ago, Darren Roberts said:

I'm a bit confused. Are you saying you started with the Trumpeter 1/32 A-6 and scratch built an EA-6B out of it? If that's the case, I'm gobsmacked!

He had all those leftover parts that ended up looking like a carrier deck too :rolleyes:

It was an amazing build on LSP. 

23 hours ago, zerosystem said:

He had all those leftover parts that ended up looking like a carrier deck too :rolleyes:

It was an amazing build on LSP. 

Starfighter:  :worship::worship::worship:  Beautiful work! Fred K.

The kit is excellent and worth every cent.

Surprisingly one of the best 32nd kits released has been completely ignored by aftermarket companies like Aires etc. 

Starfighters build is an outstanding piece of modelling and then some.

super kit dont hesitate.

I just got my kit in yesterday.....WOW! Super nice! My one gripe would be that there's only two MERs and bombs for a jet that quite often carried four MERs plus bombs. Too bad Trumpeter couldn't have done all of their releases like this. Hopefully they've turned over a new leaf. I sure wouldn't mind seeing a big Prowler to this standard ;0) Fred K.