B-25C 1/48 Accurate Miniatures, Dirty Dora

Hi all,

I finished this one some time ago and will present the WIP in one go. It is based on the well known Accurate Miniatures kit depicting a B-25C. Plane in question is the "Dirty Dora" from the 499BS of the 345BG, piloted by Vic Tatelman in 1943/1944, Port Moresby, New Guinea.

On the plastic side of things, this one gave me some trouble. There were issues with fit and corrections/modifications were needed in order to correct things here and there. Indicatively, addressing the missing base of the turret's glassware, getting the turret to the correct height, repositioning the instrument panel, adding up missing details such as air vents, ammo chutes / ejection ports, improving/replacing the exhausts etc... and special care was given to reducing plastic thickness to a level close to being scale on parts such as wheel bay doors, bomb bay doors, wing trailing edges. I added up several missing details in the interior, most of which are hidden now. Luckily they can be seen on the photographs that follow.

The model has been fully riveted. Gun barrels are from Karaya, with added up telescopic brass tubes on the side blister package guns. Eduard seatbelts were used along with Pavla's resin seats for pilot and co-pilot, resin AN/M2 guns in all visible positions (turret / waist guns) with Eduard's PE ammo chutes and boxes. True details resin wheels were used (tried to reduce their "flatness"). The rest of the added up details are all scratchbuilt with the exception of Archer rivets in the bomb bay. Decals are from AM's boxing of Dirty Dora plus cockpit placards from Airscale.

I hope you enjoy this,  this is the thread concerning the finished model if interested here. Thank you very much for your time.

B25_1_zpsp6xo3shk.jpg

B25_2_zpsbffa5nxx.jpg

B25_3_zpshdpodgri.jpg

B25_4_zpsfc29im1n.jpg

B25_5_zps3qzp1zwg.jpg

B25_6_zpsvitryn6a.jpg

B25_7_zpsxjlp38wk.jpg

B25_8_zpsz0z3aeot.jpg

B25_9_zpshxatu9vi.jpg

B25_10_zpsggjtl0lo.jpg

B25_11_zps4ak4czzj.jpg

B25_12_zpsai4vkn4p.jpg

B25_13_zpse1r4m8kr.jpg

B25_14_zpsb4j7a6e1.jpg

B25_15_zps4oqwkdqz.jpg

B25_16_zpslbchsdu3.jpg

B25_17_zpslvk3m7bf.jpg

B25_18_zpsvabifkck.jpg

Edited by YanK

Thanks chukw for the kind comments! The red you are seeing is from the vinyl mask that i have used on the outside for masking the oval window (AM kit's mask). The photograph was taken with the windows masked off hence the odd effect.

Yannis

Edited by YanK
  • 2 weeks later...