Letraset illustrations

Saw some Letraset 'decals' offered on ebay recently. These were offered by Squadron back in the early seventies and had no carrier film just like the product still used in graphic production. Here's a link to illustrations published in Squadron Magazine back in the seventies:

Letraset aircraft and armor

These were the only illustrations I recall seeing published during the era. There were no scheme instructions that came with the rub-ons or mention that most schemes were taken from Osprey publications of the era. Probably some reason for their demise even though it was a fine product. They also did some for railroad hobbyists.

HTH

The Keeper

I have sheets of Lettraset letters and numbers that are useless from their age and they're from the eighties.

You are warned.

Edited by MacStingy
2 minutes ago, MacStingy said:

I have sheets of Lettraset letters and numbers that are useless from their age and they're from the eighties.

You are warned.

You may have just saved me some money because I have been looking into some numbers myself...

thank you. 

Ah, I wouldn't expect decals, Letraset, or paint from that era to work admirably. This is just historical info. I got some Letraset to work by putting it out in the hot sun but that was a decade ago. YMMV. Some of us like experimenting with old stuff occasionally and then go out and buy new. Tried Gunze paint restorer yet? Have fun!

Cheers,