On 3/30/2017 at 10:55 PM, crushkill said:

Those cable drops for the pilots are perfect, totally nailed it.   It's the little things like that that really set a kit over the top, excited to see how this turns out!

By the way, how did you make those cables?

Thanks, guys!

The cables were fashioned with electrical wires stripped from the housing

• 2 weeks later...

I am building this same kit, but not for the GB (don't have time to finish).  I am also scratch building seats.  How did you do the fabric part of the seats?  I have just come back to the hobby and am new to scratch building, so I have a lot to learn.  And I am also interested in the colors you used on the camo paint job. What brand of paint did you use?  Hopefully I can do a passable job and do my Dad's bird justice.

14 hours ago, JesusNut said:

I am building this same kit, but not for the GB (don't have time to finish).  I am also scratch building seats.  How did you do the fabric part of the seats?  I have just come back to the hobby and am new to scratch building, so I have a lot to learn.  And I am also interested in the colors you used on the camo paint job. What brand of paint did you use?  Hopefully I can do a passable job and do my Dad's bird justice.

For the seats, I just spray painted them. I didn't use thinner so I guess that's how it came out like that. I used Model Masters enamel paints Dark Tan FS30219, US Army Helo Drab FS 34031 and Flat White

Edited by flyingdragons75
14 minutes ago, flyingdragons75 said:

For the seats, I just spray painted them. I didn't use thinner so I guess that's how it came out like that. I used Model Masters enamel paints Dark Tan FS30219, US Army Helo Drab FS 34031 and Flat White

Thanks for that info.  Those seats sure look like they have some texture to them.  I saw some where to use tape, so I played around a little bit tonight and I thought some blue painters tape gave them some nice texture.  I just brushed a little bit of Mr surfacer 1500 on it to see what would happen and I thought it looked pretty good.  Your build looks great and I am looking forward to seeing the final project.