Jump to content
ARC Discussion Forums

Recommended Posts

Where can i find the snow shoes for Alaska dased HH-60G's in 48th or 32nd scale ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can't, yet.  Werner's Wings is working on them.  They should be available soon. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any updates on these snow shoes/skis?   I picked up the new set of HH-60 decals from Werner and they are awesome.  I'd like to build the AK NG bird so I'm also in need the snow gear.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd suggest contacting Floyd directly. We can only speculate.

 

 info@wernerswings.com

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hopefully within this month.  They are supposedly sending me about 15 sets on Monday.  I'll believe it when I see them.  I will need to come up with the instructions so about a week after they arrive. 

Floyd

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎3‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 2:59 PM, Floyd S. Werner, Jr. said:

Hopefully within this month.  They are supposedly sending me about 15 sets on Monday.  I'll believe it when I see them.  I will need to come up with the instructions so about a week after they arrive. 

Floyd

Thanks for the update sir.   Looking forward to these.   Saves me from having to try and scratch build.   Love the decal sheet as well.   Especially all the Pedro stashes.   :thumbsup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Drifterdon said:

Thanks for the update sir.   Looking forward to these.   Saves me from having to try and scratch build.   Love the decal sheet as well.   Especially all the Pedro stashes.   :thumbsup:

I got a few in.  Haven't even opened the box yet, but my wife says it is at home.  So I'll be trying to develop instructions this week.  Shouldn't be too hard.  Put skis on wheels.  Done.  Look for the announcement on the Werner's Wings Facebook page or on here.

Floyd

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great news, Floyd.  I can't wait to see them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, italycrew said:

Hi Floyd, why don't you make a interior resin kit for Pave Hawk?

 

7 hours ago, italycrew said:

In 1/48 scale...

 Money and time.

Floyd

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Floyd S. Werner, Jr. said:

Money and time.

Floyd

 

You mean you don't have unlimited money and time?

 

:crying:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, thegoodsgt said:

 

You mean you don't have unlimited money and time?

 

:crying:

In a perfect world I would.  It ain't perfect

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As an update on the UH-60 skis.  The 1/48th scale has no problem and should be available next week.  I only have 12 for now.  The rest are being cast.  Costs will be $30 USD.   

 

Unfortunately, in 1/35th scale slight delay.  It appears that one part did not get molded.  Now I have to wait on it.  The costs of this set will be $35 USD. 

 

And while I'm venting, there was an issue with the 1/35th scale AH-1/UH-1 Aux Tanks too.  They will be $25 USD whenever I get them complete.


It is always something.

Floyd

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know this is about the skis but since the title says HH-60G I hope I have hijack it a bit by asking about other HH-60G stuff.

 

Specifically- been rewatching 'Lone Survivor' and the HH-60Gs in the movies have me stumped! They don't look like vis-mods done for the movie like the birds in 'Six' as they have too much details, yet that non folding stab is weird. I tot all spec ops birds regardless of service already have the squared folding stabs?

 

Cheers and thanks for any answers

 

Andy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, torchf4 said:

...been rewatching 'Lone Survivor' and the HH-60Gs in the movies have me stumped! They don't look like vis-mods done for the movie like the birds in 'Six' as they have too much details, yet that non folding stab is weird. I tot all spec ops birds regardless of service already have the squared folding stabs?

 

Based on the below pics from the movie, they look like civilian S70As that have been modified with vis-mod refueling probes, weather radar blisters, and antennas and bumps to make them look like HH-60Gs.  They still have open exhausts, not HIRSS, and the pointy stabs as you noticed already.

2014-03-02_21h38_13.png

2014-03-02_21h48_45.png

2014-03-02_21h50_30.png

Lpokijuhygtfrderfgthyjuik.jpg

 

Edited by HeavyArty

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, HeavyArty said:

 

Based on the below pics from the movie, they look like civilian S70As that have been modified with vis-mod refueling probes, weather radar blisters, and antennas and bumps to make them look like HH-60Gs.  They still have open exhausts, not HIRSS, and the pointy stabs as you noticed already.

 

 

 

 

 

Didn't catch the exhausts! Wow must be an expensive vis mod then! They even got the defensive aids, satcom and even correct gun mounts!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They're the HH-60Gs assigned to the 512th RQS, i.e. the schoolhouse. They are some of the oldest HH-60Gs in the inventory and 82-23718 was first test aircraft for the HH-60D program in 1984. The aircraft do not have the folding stabs or HIRSS because they will never deploy and it makes maintenance easier.

 

The movie used Kirtland/Albuquerque airport (KABQ) as a stand in for Bagram AB, Afghanistan and the auxillary field south of the runway as the "FOB". Crews from the 512th flew the aircraft for the movie. 

 

The pilot did a lecture at the USAF museum and the podcast is a great listen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks Clinstone, you beat me to it :-) I was going to respond when I got home from work since I can only view ARC and not comment there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

150922-F-GS664-017.JPG

Same here. The movie did the rescue during RED WINGS injustice. Zero illumination, in the Kunar Valley, on a cliff side, in a brownout, with A-10s and AC-130s laying hate. The one time the action in Hollywood is not embellished.

Edited by Clinstone
Added painting

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes so true , are you at DM ? I am here at the Test . I am sure our paths crossed before

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Clinstone said:

They're the HH-60Gs assigned to the 512th RQS, i.e. the schoolhouse. They are some of the oldest HH-60Gs in the inventory and 82-23718 was first test aircraft for the HH-60D program in 1984. The aircraft do not have the folding stabs or HIRSS because they will never deploy and it makes maintenance easier.

 

The movie used Kirtland/Albuquerque airport (KABQ) as a stand in for Bagram AB, Afghanistan and the auxillary field south of the runway as the "FOB". Crews from the 512th flew the aircraft for the movie. 

 

That makes sense then.  Schoolhouse equipment is always older and w/out the latest, greatest bells and whistles. 

 

On a side note, decals for 90-26227, the Luttrell pick-up bird, are on the Werner's Wings Pave Hawks decal sheet.

1025726-10934-80-pristine.jpg

 

Reviewed here:  http://armorama.kitmaker.net/modules.php?op=modload&name=Reviews&file=index&req=showcontent&id=12873

 

 

Edited by HeavyArty

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×