1 hour ago, F4DPhantomII said:

as used in the Mig 17,Mig 19 Mig 21.I am talking about the blue grey green shade.Any paint matches available?

The MiG-17, MiG-19 and early MiG-21s had grey cockpits, not turquoise.  Depending on what, specifically, you're building, you may want to use a Steel Grey equivalent instead: https://www.cybermodeler.com/color/cockpit.shtml

(IIRC, MiG-21 cockpits were grey through the F-13.  I believe the transition to turquoise happed sometime during the P-series production) 

37 minutes ago, MoFo said:

The MiG-17, MiG-19 and early MiG-21s had grey cockpits, not turquoise.  Depending on what, specifically, you're building, you may want to use a Steel Grey equivalent instead: https://www.cybermodeler.com/color/cockpit.shtml

(IIRC, MiG-21 cockpits were grey through the F-13.  I believe the transition to turquoise happed sometime during the P-series production) 

Yep, it seems the transition from gray 'pits with black instrument panels happened during the PFM production. The F-13 series and the PF all came out with gray, and there are vintage photos of PFM cockpits in both the gray and the green. Everything after the PFM (M, MF, MS, SMT, bis, JKLMNOP etc etc) came out in the green. 

So, the only one going both ways was the PFM.

Not counting later-service total overhauls, of course.

The PFM was the type where the change was made from grey to the “strange” turquoise colour.

I have an original PFM canopy factory fresh and it is in the grey colour! Colour photos back in the USSR with PFM aircraft also show grey colour.

As to the exact shade of that turquoise colour, I still have some original colour chips for sale taken from the real Russian cockpit colour. So if needed PM me.

Best regards

Gabor

1 hour ago, ya-gabor said:

The PFM was the type where the change was made from grey to the “strange” turquoise colour.

Were any of the grey cockpits ever re-painted in turquoise, Gabor?  Or did they stay grey until the jets were scrapped?

1 hour ago, MoFo said:

Were any of the grey cockpits ever re-painted in turquoise, Gabor?  Or did they stay grey until the jets were scrapped?

Most of them got the emerald/turquoise in the 80s. I can confirm it at least for East Germany but I think others did it as well.

1 hour ago, MoFo said:

The Czech overhaul company repainted even the F-13 aircraft in the turquoise colour. So anything is possible. 

I can say for 100% how they came out of the Russian factory. What happened later is . . .

The Technological instruction in the Hungarian overhaul company was calling for repainting the cockpits of the PF in the original grey cockpit with black instrument panels while in paralel they were working on 21MF's and they already had the turquoise cockpits.

So it all depends on the given country.

As for the earllier aircraft like the MiG-15, MiG-17, MiG-19 they had a grey cockpit, but. I have ejection seats from all of these versions and they were never striped of the original paint just overpainted each time during overhaul!  On one of the MiG-17 seats there are three completely different shades (not really shades but more completely different grey colours) so during overhaul there were no standards in those times, they used what they had. And not only for the seats but for the complete cockpit. I am speaking here of the 50's and early 60's.

Best regards

Gabor