The other 1/48 Hasegawa Sea King

I'm also doing the 1/48 Hasegawa SH-3H Seaking.

I've got Eduard's interior and exterior PE sets to dress the kit up some.

I've started adding some of the PE on the fuselage. These flat PE's should not get in the way of putting the half's together. 

IMG_214734

Also added PE to the tail rotor.

IMG_204127

More work to do tomorrow.

Edited by TankerTweaker
  • 3 weeks later...

Made some more progress on the kit. I've been working on the panels that will be getting some PE installed. I made drill holes around the parts that need to be cut out.

IMG_214144

I then ground away the inside of the panel to reduce the thickness to make it look more to scale.

IMG_221257

The engine cowlings drilled and after.

IMG_223732

What the inside looks like.

IMG_223811

This panel took some time to get done.

IMG_225803

Some tedious grinding.

IMG_181443

The tail had some work done on it too.

IMG_214235

With the external work on panels done, it's time to get the seats ready for PE. Sanding off the belts.

IMG_222325

More work to come.

Alan M.

Edited by TankerTweaker
  • 2 weeks later...

Made a little bit of progress this weekend.

Did some more work on the seats. I added back the side braces that were removed to help sand off the seat belts. Also added one the PE parts to the back of the seat. Next step is to paint and then add the PE belts.

The PE set includes the crew entry door so started cutting on the door for removal. These razor saws sure come in handy for this. And they are good fro re-scribbling panel lines too.

Drilled out holes in the nose sections.

Added PE levers to top cockpit panel.

Also added the cockpit bulkhead. There was a gap in the floor that needed putty and sanding.

Thanks for looking.

Alan M.

Edited by TankerTweaker
  • 3 weeks later...

I finally got around to do a little more work on my Seaking. Got the crew door completely off the fuselage half. I also filled in some sink holes on the inside.

Also finished up the cockpit seats. Got them painted and added the PE seat belts.

Added an inertial reel on the back of the pilots seat. Can't see it behind the copilots seat because of the box on the back.

Real short update I know. Not been able to do much work on this over the last couple of weeks.

Thanks for looking.

Alan M.

Edited by TankerTweaker

Converted all picture links from Photo-bucket to Flickr. Here are the last two pictures I have to date.

Finished painting the center and upper consoles. 

Also added PE to the landing gear.

May have to transfer this WIP to the Helicopter forum since I did not make the deadline for this build. I'll post a link in the near future.

Alan M.

• 3 weeks later...