1/32 Mosquito Tamiya wip

Hi,

here are some progress pictures.

I've added the wires (streched sprue).

Instrument panel is from the kit.

I' ve received the eduard brassin engines - that has to be the best set I've seen, and I've seen a lot.

Cheers!!

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

I Cant thank you enough, i was cutting out lead wires last night to start all those cabling wires and realized i dont have enough references.

are all those cables referenced to photographs of a mosquito interior? if they are, you've just made my life a whole lot easier!!

6 hours ago, shan said:

I Cant thank you enough, i was cutting out lead wires last night to start all those cabling wires and realized i dont have enough references.

are all those cables referenced to photographs of a mosquito interior? if they are, you've just made my life a whole lot easier!!

Hi shan,

yes mostly the are. For some I knew where they are, so I improvised with the shape. There are quite a lot of wires and cables on both sides, I wouldn't be wrong if I add more.

and thanks allfor compliments

• 1 year later...

Hello everyone,

here are some new progress pictures.

I've used Eduard brassin set, but with replacement barrels from master model and also I've used Baracuda ammo chutes, since I've found them to be nicer (there is really no need to buy extra chutes, but I had these from before because at first I didn't plan to use eduard set. However it is huge improvement. I will paint barrels at the end.

I've also decided to open the area with radiators. One will be mounted, and one will be on the base.

Bye for now!

vJDTdar.jpg

0bD5epb.jpg

JnGkkz2.jpg

5AO5Ry2.jpg

bhkhUaR.jpg

20170218_111509.jpg

20170218_121050.jpg

20170218_121426.jpg

20170218_185604.jpg

20170220_182635.jpg

20170220_195604.jpg

20170220_195625.jpg

20170226_102052.jpg

20170226_113520.jpg

20170226_124329.jpg

20170227_184616.jpg

Oh my....  I've always been a Mossie fan and have followed every build of the Tamiya kit.   I think yours might be the best I've seen so far.   The wiring of the cockpit area is just amazing.   Questions - can you actually see any of the work you did behind the IP and did you use any aftermarket stuff for the cockpit?

19 hours ago, 11bee said:

Questions - can you actually see any of the work you did behind the IP and did you use any aftermarket stuff for the cockpit?

generally no, it was more for the practice. you can see some traces of it when you look through the door :)

17 hours ago, Collin said:

Im guessing you use a thin black wash on your interior parts, very nicely done and just right to the eye. 

I mostly use tamiya dark brown wash, sometimes combined with light brown. I also use alclad dirt&grime wash, for some effects - but this wash is very very light, and can be used for some interesting effects. First, when I bought it I wanted to throw it in the garbage, but from time to time I found use for it - for very subtle wash effect, and sometimes good as a filter. Now I can't live without it :)

I rarely use pure black, although it might look like black somewhere, but It isn't. black would look a lot blackier :))

Thank you all, glad you like it!