1/32 Mosquito Tamiya wip

Skuki,

Just got caught up with your build to date. I've followed a few 1/32 Mossie builds on LSP, and  yours is right up there with the best of them, actually better then most. Your cockpit wiring really makes a huge difference. the wing radiator detailing is something I haven't seen to date. Looks tremendous. 

Joel

• 2 weeks later...
18 hours ago, Jamie Cheslo said:

When do we get to see new updates? :thumbsup:

Today !!   :D

And thanks all, glad you like it

Here are some pictures of the opened panels that will be on one wing.

I've decided to make some things out of pe, so I've asked my friend for help. I've explained him what I would like to have,  gave him basic dimensions and he did all other work - drawing, adjusting and etching. It looks very nice.

Thank and regards, Marko

1_mosquito.jpg

2_mosquito.jpg

57762881867d6a77e367dbe523b91edce62f9335

4_mosquito.jpg

5_mosquito.jpg

6_mosquito.jpg

7_mosquito.jpg

8_mosquito.jpg

9_mosquito.jpg

Edited by skuki

skuki,

Your friend's PE work is amazing, as they look as good if not better then many I've seen. And your installation of them is really coming along nicely. Will they be perfectly blended in to the wing, or will you have recessed panel lines around them?

Joel

•  
4 hours ago, Joel_W said:

skuki,

Your friend's PE work is amazing, as they look as good if not better then many I've seen. And your installation of them is really coming along nicely. Will they be perfectly blended in to the wing, or will you have recessed panel lines around them?

Joel

•  

Thank Jeol. Well it should blend in the wing. But that is a very tricky part, I did such thigs before so I know... If there were panel lines and rivets around, I wouldn't go with this

6 hours ago, skuki said:

Thank Jeol. Well it should blend in the wing. But that is a very tricky part, I did such thigs before so I know... If there were panel lines and rivets around, I wouldn't go with this

Hey, now there's an idea for an ubergeeky trivia question - how many exterior rivets show on a DH Mosquito?  Wouldn't it be interesting if the answer was not 'none'.

Ok I will play....

Canopy framing, allu trim strips around bomb & Canon gun bay doors (nose and belly)and machine gun door trims, although these are actually c/s screws, nose cone, panel behind nose cone to remove spent shell cases, cannon muzzle trough, all radiator skins and covers, ailerons, engine nacelles and all cowlings and spinner, cover for camera behind bomb bay (on FB-VI), elevators, fuel cooler (if fitted), rudder trim tab, lower fairing for tailwheel opening...I am sure there will be others but life is too short for me to think on it anymore...LOL

Marko, when you remove those oblong panels on the upper wing (next to the fuel filler doors)you will need to show where the fabric patch had been applied.  These are often shown as visible panels on models, but in reality were fabric covered.  I think from memory they had the fuel venting pipes in them and were generally only opened for fuel tank removal....

Keep up the amazing work!

Anthony

4 hours ago, crackerjazz said:

Those PE parts look great, Marko.   And the way you incorporated them into the wing by chiseling mortises is amazing.  Did you use ordinary putty?

Hi, thanks! Ive used tamiya basic type putty for rough parts, and Mr. surfacer for fine tunning :D

On 07. 03. 2018. at 8:32 PM, RedCrown said:

Incredible work Skuki. Completely off topic here, but did you ever finish the M-ATV you had a work in progress of at Armorama? That was another work of art, and I'd love to see some finished pics of it.

Thank all!

RedCrown, you remember :) it is about 90% finished. this 10% is in progress for about few years. But I hope I will finish it until the end of the year. Cheers

3 hours ago, skuki said:

Thank all!

RedCrown, you remember :) it is about 90% finished. this 10% is in progress for about few years. But I hope I will finish it until the end of the year. Cheers

Sounds good, can't wait to see it!