FS595 match for USAF uniform fabric?

I've converted a Preiser 1/72 civilian pilot into something resembling an USAF officer, and it's ready for paining. I'm now wondering whether there is a FS595 match for the fabric of a USAF uniform?

I bought a tin of Revell 56, that matches FS 35052, would that work?

Rob

Rob,

The official color for the flight suits, jackets, fabric portions of the flight gloves, and G-suit is Sage Green; however, they all start out different shades of green-gray (and various degrees of matte, with the jacket's main body, but not the cuffs or waist band, being a "satin" finish) which only gets more differentiated as they get washed and faded.  Adding a twist to it, my old flight suits have a distinct olive drab tinge from above the waist as they faded, because that part wasn't covered by the G-suit and was constantly exposed to the sun at altitude under a bubble canopy.  I would find some good pictures and try to match that; there's a generic Tamiya dark green shade (can't remember the number) that I use as a base and then lighten it with a light gray as a start.

All of that leaves aside the parachute harness (either backpack or seat mounted) which is a greenish blue; I use EuroOne Green (FS #34092) as a starting point for that.

Regards,

Murph

Edited by Murph
On 1/23/2017 at 9:13 PM, Rob de Bie said:

I've converted a Preiser 1/72 civilian pilot into something resembling an USAF officer, and it's ready for paining. I'm now wondering whether there is a FS595 match for the fabric of a USAF uniform?

I bought a tin of Revell 56, that matches FS 35052, would that work?

Rob

Sorry for the confusion, I was talking about a dress uniform, not a flight suit. Here's a scan of my 1/72 figures, with the officer painted in Revell 56, that matches FS 35052. Is that a reasonable color for this uniform?

Please note that this hi-res scan is brutally honest for these tiny figures..

have-19.jpg

Rob

On Mon Jan 23 2017 at 3:57 PM, Murph said:

Rob,

The official color for the flight suits, jackets, fabric portions of the flight gloves, and G-suit is Sage Green; however, they all start out different shades of green-gray (and various degrees of matte, with the jacket's main body, but not the cuffs or waist band, being a "satin" finish) which only gets more differentiated as they get washed and faded.  Adding a twist to it, my old flight suits have a distinct olive drab tinge from above the waist as they faded, because that part wasn't covered by the G-suit and was constantly exposed to the sun at altitude under a bubble canopy.  I would find some good pictures and try to match that; there's a generic Tamiya dark green shade (can't remember the number) that I use as a base and then lighten it with a light gray as a start.

All of that leaves aside the parachute harness (either backpack or seat mounted) which is a greenish blue; I use EuroOne Green (FS #34092) as a starting point for that.

Regards,

Murph

This is good info for me, thanks Murph