RF-5A Freedom Fighter

Greeting All

This is the 1/72 Italeri former Esci kit. Build pretty much out of box, except the steel tubes were used for gun barrels, and the camera windows were replicated with clear styrene sheets. The markings were from various sources. Tamiya acrylic paints were used, by mixing of course, since Tamiya do not do FS colors. The checker band was done by painting the yellow background first, then with black diamond decals cut individually and properly placed. As I understand, the original mold dated back from the 80's. It is still a very nice kit even in today's standard. 

31368784430_69bd06f568_b.jpg

31368869850_1e6e95d3d2_b.jpg

31995285975_07f85f9559_z.jpg

31995288655_1fbc9cda3c_z.jpg

Edited by trietmcam

Thank you for the kind comments above gentlemen.

Actually the fuselage band decals was not that time consuming as I originally thought. Here's how I did it similarly. First I marked out the size of the pattern, then print it out on a piece of masking tape. I used this as a template to cut out the decals. I put a piece of black decal next to the template taping it down, then using a pair of drafting triangles, slide the triangle to where the cut is, and transfer the cut into the decals. Slide down to the next line and make another cut. I was able to get a perfect parallel line cut everytime.

This picture was an example from another build. I just cut into the tape and use the diamonds as masking on the fuselage bands instead. 

IMG_3040_zps3f5da933.jpg

4 hours ago, Don said:

Top notch stuff! Those black diamonds must have taken forever to place. Well done!

Cheers!

On 2/2/2017 at 0:18 PM, my favs are F`s said:

Beautiful! It looks like 1-48.

On 2/7/2017 at 11:14 AM, let_models said:

Always very nice build trietcam :thumbsup: especially a small scale, thank for sharing. :wave:

let_models, 

Thanks for the comments guys.

Just for kick, I thought I put it next to the Classic Airframe that was finished a few years ago.

Cheers

Triet

31979666873_44bfd13864_b.jpg

32413525010_3dda647439_b.jpg