Best reference for A-10 N/AW

Good Morning,

I have a number of images collected from the internet, walkaround after it was stripped and set out in the desert, and some contemporary photos while the testing was going on, but are there any good print references for the two seat Warthog during it's testing?

I'm planning on kit bashing a Hasegawa A-10 with the Hobby Boss N/AW as the Hobby Boss kit is pretty basic. Admittedly even the two seat specific stuff is pretty rough, but it's a better place to start than from scratch. What reference can I use to help me make sure I get it right?

Did it ever care anything other than the FLIR and Radar pods under the wings? That's all I've ever seen in the pictures I've come across.

Thank you for your help,

Hoops

I tried to find some reference about it too,sadly all the pictures I have are still scattered in a void of 30000 pictures,stumbled in a couple of pdf files showing a TA-4 Skyhawk with the radar pod loaded for testings,weapons probably if I'm not confusing it with A-10 FSD or prototypes were just a couple of training bombs,no cockpit pictures,no FLIR and radar pics or diagrams with measures and reference shots,I tried to eyeball other radar pods and to look at old fuel tanks from other aircrafts to see if there it was something with the same size,also tried to backtrace the TA-4 used for tests with no avail.

Gave up as I was planning to make it an Ace Combat aircraft anyway so I could just stick a targetting/navigation pod,put some MFD on the backseat and call it a day,till someday while searching for F-4EJ aggressor pics I found some more pictures in some eastern europe blog and something else in japanese site through the cache,but the order in my disorder is way too much to tackle,will take a big while for me to find them and probably are the very same pictures that everyone already has stored in their drives

I should clarify this is in 1/72. I was looking at a build thread over in LSP, and somebody mentioned some old Koku Fan issues had some info. Any ideas on which ones that might be?

Cheers,

Hoops

Warbird Tech Vol 20 by Dennis Jenkins has a chapter on the N/AW, but it doesn't include underwing stores photos or descriptions other than a close-up of he AAR-42 FLIR pod. It mainly covers the airframe mods and proposed avionics mods.

17 hours ago, Tomcat Trebor said:

There was a book called Fairchild Republic A-10 Thunderbolt II by Robert DeMaio published in 1981 that had details of the N/AW-10 including details about the redesigned canopy to a clamshell type.

Robert

I've found a couple of Amazon for a few dollars, does it have much in the way of photos? Line drawings?

Cheers,

Hoops