We lost our baby girl tonight

Those first few days etch themselves into every parents minds.  I pray the joy you felt is enough to cope with the grief yet to come.  Sending my thoughts and prayers to you and yours. 

Edited by AndrewPerren

I am soooo sorry to hear this news. I find myself without words, thinking of your sweet baby girl, and the hurt your family and yourself must be enduring. She has reminded me how fragile life is, and how fast our loved ones can be taken from us.

This little one must have been like the most brilliant and beautiful shooting star a person has ever seen. There will never be another as beautiful, quite as bright, nor will it touch you in the same way. You will always seek seeing another one like it, although you will not, as there was only one as fast, as beautiful, and as bright.

One day I hope you and your family are reunited with you beautiful baby girl, when you see her again, I'm sure she will take your breath away.

My deepest sympathies to you and your entire family. We may have never met, although the story of you daughter has touched me. I hope I will be reminded of her each time I see a shooting star. My thoughts and prayers are with you all. 

Bob

In Colorado

Mike, 

As someone else who has lost a child, I can feel your pain.  While my son's circumstances were completely different I am sure my pain is similar.

One way to look at this that may help a little is to imagine a rock dropping into a pond.  Right now you are in the splash and the emotions are almost unbearable.  As you move away from the splash (time) the ripples are still very strong and seem so close together.  Further along the ripples start to lessen and happen less often, the pain is still there but it is lower.  While I don't think the pain will ever go away it does become possible to function again.  

• SBARC pinned and unpinned this topic