Mikro Mir/ Eastern Express 1/144 MD-11

It is the same kit, a collaboration between MM and EE. I think MM has been the driving force. The CAD drawings look good. First issue is with GE engines, MM kit has 3 decals options and EE one. There will be another issue of the kit later with PW engines.

Link to CAD images

Edited by Trojan Thunder
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On March 24, 2017 at 5:27 AM, Trojan Thunder said:

I have copies of both the MicroMir and EE boxings, same plastic, different decals. Mouldings look nice from a quick look at it. I have not done any test fitting yet.

Ray, on the EE KLM decal sheet, are the stripes printed in blue?  I've seen a report that they are printed in black.  I was holding out for Ray at 26 to do this scheme but he's only done the original scheme.

Thanks,

Roy

On 25/03/2017 at 6:24 PM, buzz said:

Ray, on the EE KLM decal sheet, are the stripes printed in blue?  I've seen a report that they are printed in black.  I was holding out for Ray at 26 to do this scheme but he's only done the original scheme.

Thanks,

Roy

Roy,

I just had a close look at the sheet and I think the stripes are a very dark blue, the same blue has been used on the EU flags. It is not black as there is a black lettering near the stripes to compare it to.

But the stripes are too dark compared to pictures I have looked at IMHO.

I also note the 'ship names' are in black rather than white, they have mixed schemes I think, Black names were used on the older scheme with wider window cheat line.

Edited by Trojan Thunder

^ Thanks, Ray.  I know Greg has them but I was very disappointed with the thickness of the last set of decals I got from him, an easyJet set.  So unless they're a lot thinner now, I'll be avoiding them.  I think I'll paint over the EE stripes if need be. Quite easy to do while still on the sheet.

Roy

• 4 weeks later...

I have two of the kits but haven't started them yet. They're from Two Six Decals, who sells them along with some of his own decals. Best move quickly, though, as they're nearly sold out. I got the AA and DAL kits. From memory, Two Six has or had a KLM scheme in one of the boxings. In the box, the kit looks quite nice, and far better than I anticipated with nice panel lines. It puts the 787 to shame. There is a build over at airlinercafe.com that might help.

Bob

On 27/03/2017 at 9:33 PM, buzz said:

^ Thanks, Ray.  I know Greg has them but I was very disappointed with the thickness of the last set of decals I got from him, an easyJet set.  So unless they're a lot thinner now, I'll be avoiding them.  I think I'll paint over the EE stripes if need be. Quite easy to do while still on the sheet.

Roy

All the Draw Decal sheets I have used have been very thin, so much so I botched some of the decals and have considered getting a second set. I have used 3-4 to date and have not found any of them to be thick.