Landing Gear On or Off

Hi guys, 

I bought the Airfix 1/48 Dogfight Double Spitfire Mk Vb & Bf-109-E recently. It came with the display stand. I am wondering how should I build them, with landing gear down or up. Please suggest.

Sorry guys, I am new here and also for this hobby. I didnt realised this is a jet section. 

Edited by sharkboy1501

If you're going to use the stand, I'd suggest doing them gear up. To me, having the model "in flight" is the whole idea with a stand. If you're wanting to do them gear down, then IMO there's no point to the stand.

As mentioned above, this one should be in the Prop section, but that's ok. This time… :beer4:

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/1/2017 at 3:30 AM, gb_madcat_sl said:

Whatever suits your fancy.

Also, what is this doing in the Jets section? Last I checked, both the Spitfire and 109 had spinny things on their noses.

Mark

I think he bought the upgraded version that brings those two aircraft to modern day standards! lol

3 hours ago, sharkboy1501 said:

thanks guys for your opinions. I just completed the 109. i build with gears down. with flaps down. it looks beautiful.

Post some pics over on the Props section of the forum. :beer4:

Try an in-flight display if you've never done one. I just completed my 2nd, and it's quite nice. I'll build more in-flight, but LG down will be the vast majority.

I prefer to build the display, like the one my signature below. It's as much fun as building the model because you have complete freedom to do as you please.