I'm planning to build a 3 or 4 monitor Nuc computer system using tablet style monitors.  This will be the system I take when traveling so I can properly work on ARC.  I might be spending the next few winters in the Philippines and I can't take my big 4 monitor desk top system with me.  So I needed to find a portable system and I hated to have a laptop as replacing one part is difficult compared to a desktop with separate monitors etc.

Does anyone have any advice on Nuc style computers and what to get or watch out for?  Any good blogs or websites?

Funny you ask, I just got one this week, but I am using it as a tiny linux server, but I was really impressed with how easy it was to assemble and how quickly I had it up and running.  It is certainly small enough to take in your luggage over seas. 

We have one at work. The one hiccup we had was the motherboard connectors for the monitor burning out. However, this was most likely NOT due to the Nuc, but to the monitor. Since it was replaced, smooth sailing.

Otherwise, it works fine, but since it's passive heating (no fans), make sure it's well ventilated.

Hope it helps,

Cheers!