2 count em 2 Tamiya Lancaster's

Got a commission to build a Tamiya Lancaster. The last one I built had to have SO many parts replaced with wire and paper clips (like the entire port landing gear) that I need a back up plan for potential damage.

So....I shall build the one in my stash as well. I strongly suspect the customers plane will have issues as the plastic on my and his kit is extremely brittle. Figure I might end up doing mine in flight. those landing gear are iffy looking in the box.

Was planning on doing one of the kits for the Heavy GB, but I doubt I will have the decals in hand by March 1. So I will do both for the Classic GB. Just in case.

Oh no, 1/48. The old school Tamiya kit from 1975. One is actually a Special tall boy 617 squadron plane. So it will be modified back to a standard airframe. Still working out the details how I will do this.

Right, the plastic IS as brittle as I feared. So far two minor parts snapped, I glued them back together and used them on the rear model. The front one is going to a customer.

DSC_0017_1.jpg

So, the main interior colour is drying until the morning.

DSC_0020_1.jpg

Bomb bays is on the customers. Mine gets a big sheet of plastic. To pretend it has close bomb bay doors. Oh.....both of them are going to be a version of the flying Lanc that lives in Hamilton Ontario. As currently marked VR*A and 1958 paint scheme CX*213.

Yeah, not much going on at home this weekend so LOTS of build time. In fact apart from church this morning I did not go outside once.

DSC_0024_1.jpg

Paint starts next. But no huge rush there as the decals have not arrived yet.

Well, the three photos from earlier today seem to have disappeared. So here are three I just took. Don't worry too much. The other 3 where the same planes just with a bunch of masking tape and one colour at a time.

DSC_0028.jpg

No, the silver one has white hubs as I am not 100% sure what the real colour is. So I will wait for the decals and instructions to arrive.

DSC_0029.jpg

and both....

DSC_0030.jpg