$4890 for a 1/72nd scale kit

Yesterday I was browsing Amazon looking for B-24 related items and I came across an Airfix B-24 (kit # 06010) that has a selling price of $4,890.87, which does not include S&H, which is $4.49!  To say I nearly choked and fell out of my chair at the same time would be a gross understatement!  I just checked again and its still being listed at that price.  Shoot for that price I could get 17 of the H&K 1/32 B-17E/F kits and still have money left over! 

if it's from Amazon.jp then it's pretty normal,since a couple of months I'm noticing wicked prices from them and also from Plamoya.

Oh well Plamoya was doing that since years to the point that one day during a sale they were selling you a 1/72 Trumpeter Jagdpanther for a discounted price of 150€.

I was searching for the F-16E Block 60,found one on Amazon.jp for 3000 yen,placed my order through a proxy shop,receive an email "order has been cancelled due a price hike" ask them the new price aaaaaaaaaaaand :

45000 yen

Oo

Now I'm searching for an A-4F and an A-7D from Fujimi as I was so smart to sell the last ones in my stash,on evilbay one goes for a convenient price of 800€ maybe plus shipping the other one is not available but a couple of US sellers have them,but shipment is 45€ and they can happily keep them in their own stash.

I don't understand those prices,a limited edition figure from Touhou Project is priced around 23000 yen,a more limited edition garage kit from Reitaisai event costs a tad more but then some mass produced 1/72 kit has an humongous price

Usually Amazon has fair prices for most of what I buy. Although I did buy a Revell USS America last week from a third party vendor. They cancelled my order yesterday due to it being out of stock but it shows back up today from the same seller for over 80 dollars. Basically twice the suggested price from Revell.