1/72 Hasegawa F/A-18C Hornet, VMFA-232

Hasegawa's 1/72 scale F/A-18C Hornet is the latest model I've finished. The model was my entry for of the 2016/17 Strike/Attack Group Build, but for those who were not following that GB, I've put the pictures here into the display case, too. The kit was built mostly OOB, with a few exceptions:

- The AGM-65G missles and their launchers, which I took from the Hasegawa weapons set and modified the launchers.

- The Targeting Pod adapter pylon is not included in the Hasegawa F-18 kits (they must have forgotten that)

- The kit's seat, was pimped a little with stryene and lead wire for the seat harness.

- Deals for the missiles came from Wolfpack's missile data decal sheet.

- Decals for the aircraft are OOB decals of VMFA-232.

The model was finished with Vallejo's Model Air  FS 36320 and Model Color Primer, which is sold as Model Air FS 36375. The radome is ModelMaster FS 33613. The colors were complemented by Vallejo Metal Colors and Tamiya colors for the landing gear and wheel bays, as well as for the gloss coats.

Vallejo Model Air paints were also used and mixed to match the decals for some minor touch ups when the decals broke and on the edges of the red tail fin markings.

The complete in-progress thread can be seen <HERE>.

F-18C_Final_1.jpg

F-18C_Final_4.jpg

F-18C_Final_8.jpg

F-18C_Final_6.jpg

F-18C_Final_9.jpg

F-18C_Final_5.jpg

F-18C_Final_10.jpg

Thank you guys.

Thadeus, the seeker heads were made by painting them flat black and then adding some Future to them after the complete model was clear coaated. Below are some cropped images with full resolution.

F-18C_Final_11.jpg

F-18C_Final_12.jpg

Edited by Lancer512
Added close-up pictures of the AGM-65 missiles