Is it actually the Testors (I think) UFO kit from a few decades ago, but with a gun turret and Nazi finish? 

Any one of us here can rattle off dozens of things we'd like to see kitted. I doubt even the most Luftwaffe obsessed modeler out there would not put Nazi UFO at the top of their list. 

Maybe I'm the crazy one. I'd be goofy enough to actual have models in stock at my online store, if I ran one. 

5 hours ago, SBARC said:

WRONG... totally wrong.   You are using an RLM 81/82 finish.   Extensive studies have proven conclusively that by this time period, there would have been a shortage of RLM 81 and instead RLM 76 would have been substituted.  

I would have also pre-shaded.  

Rookie mistakes Steve...

Edited by 11bee

Like a great many things in this hobby I think this falls into the "to each their own" category. It may be of absolutely no interest to some but to others it may prove exciting. No different then when certain aircraft models get kitted and some folks jump for joy whereas others scratch their heads wondering why that AC and why their favorite AC didn't get the nod instead. I see sci-fi modelers being interested in this model as it could be built OOB or it could easily be used as a basis for their own custom creations. Those interested in secret weapons/secret aircraft, conspiracies, or even movie type stuff will no doubt enjoy this model. Personally I don't see the model being off the charts strange. Different yes, but we've seen stranger kits in the history of modeling. I'd pick one up if the price was right as my modeling interests are not confined to one subject matter but are pretty varied. Looks kinda fun to me.

Enjoy and cheers!

11 hours ago, RKic said:

Is it actually the Testors (I think) UFO kit from a few decades ago, but with a gun turret and Nazi finish? 

No, it's new tool.  Someone else released a couple of kits in a different scale, recently, too.

Why?  Nazism is really big right now, apparently.  :(

22 minutes ago, jester292 said:

Why all the hate for fans of German subjects? The mocking? Why can one group love one category (US Navy?) and another get ridiculed? Why do you care if someone likes a subject you don't?

Don't know either...  the Germans have always been a fun-loving bunch of guys.  

Honestly, it's probably because some folks feel that there are 50 kits of every WW2 German subject out there (including dozens of kits of aircraft that never even flew), while their pet subject has been ignored by the modeling gods.  But hey, we definitely need another Bf-109G-6!  

I always wondered about that "German equipment worship" sort of thing too. Check out an armour site and the Panzers definately rule. Lots of design innovation, but in the end, kaput.

4 hours ago, MoFo said:

Sadly, yes. But I wouldn't connect building nazi subjects to supporting the ideology

Nazi modeling was popular even before the dirtbags came crawling out of the woodwork.

7 hours ago, 11bee said:

WRONG... totally wrong.   You are using an RLM 81/82 finish.   Extensive studies have proven conclusively that by this time period, there would have been a shortage of RLM 81 and instead RLM 76 would have been substituted.  

Rookie mistakes Steve...

Of course, you're making the typical mistake of assuming the Fledenteller was built for the Luftwaffe, when it was actually done under an "Electric Railway Research" program to keep it from the every constant inter-service squabbles Nazi Germany was famous for. German locomotives were kept fastidiously clean, and their paint stocks had been hardly touched during the war, so their supplies of RLM 81/82 were quite plentiful.
It's been well proven by hysterical records this was what crashed at Roswell, and had sand inside it that can only have come from Mars.
:P

Alvis 3.1

22 hours ago, RKic said:

A Nazi flying saucer? 

Some modelers will buy up anything with a swastika on it, eh?

I know there's some out there who salivate over this sort of stuff, but again, why???

17 hours ago, Chris L said:

can't believe that squadron is trying to do this 

5 hours ago, MoFo said:

No, it's new tool.  Someone else released a couple of kits in a different scale, recently, too.

3 hours ago, MacStingy said:

I always wondered about that "German equipment worship" sort of thing too. Check out an armour site and the Panzers definately rule. Lots of design innovation, but in the end, kaput.

What does it matter to you? Are you going to loose sleep over this? Will this model kit haunt your nightmares for the rest of your days? Are you afraid that if someone in your model club buys this, they show up in a Nazi uniform and begin rendering Nazi salutes at the next meeting?

I am quite astonished at some people.....they bitch about how the "hobby is dying", but then cop an attitude because someone builds something that they don't agree with. Seriously?! It reminds of that Doogiesmodel (or whatever) idiot that proclaimed that if you build German WWII equipment, then you are a closet Nazi. It's hard enough to try to get people who do model different subjects into the hobby and supporting local clubs when you have people that grow attitudes with them because they don't like their subject (I would know, a lot of people that I've talked to feel like they are shunned at club meetings because of that attitude).

If you don't like the subject, so what. Move down the table, post, etc and look at something else. I'm sure that other people would be interested to look at something unusual that never made it off the drawing boards, as compaired to an aircraft that actually killed people in combat.

3 minutes ago, Alvis 3.1 said:

It's been well proven by hysterical records this was what crashed at Roswell, and had sand inside it that can only have come from Mars.
:P

Alvis 3.1

Strange, because according to recently viewed military records that were destroyed 60 years ago, they came from an interstellar bash on Jupiter and got lost because the Interstellar Uber driver's GPS got them lost.......

10 hours ago, 11bee said:

Rookie mistakes Steve...

:rofl:

On 2/5/2017 at 4:27 PM, Johnopfor said:

If you don't like the subject, so what. Move down the table, post, etc and look at something else....

+1

I don't understand the "need" for every new bf109 and fw190 but they always sell and anything that sells gets repeated. Just looks at the superhero movies we get to see over and over again. They make a lot of money.  

I doubt the Nazi saucer will make a ton of money though. But it is nice to see something different