1/72 Revell Eurofighter Typhoon

Hi Lancer 512,

May I suggest mixing the following Colors:

Mr. Color 306 FS36320

Mr. Color 337 FS35237 

Mr. color 306 is a bit too light after you apply fading and a semi-gloss/flat finish (the Hasegawa 1:72 eurofighter that I just built).  So that's why I suggest adding the FS35237.

Jeffrey

Edited by Jeffrey

Thank you very much guys! That was exactly the information I was trying to find.

I was getting acceptable results with Ammo of Mig FS35237 mixed 2:1 with white. But as I don't like Ammo paints, this will be the last resort.

Although Jeffrey's suggestion also sounds good, which I will try, as I've got the two colors readily available.

I wasn't aware that FS35237 is also available from Vallejo ModelAir, so I'll play with that, too, and I'll try two of Revell's own mixes, which are different in each of their five or six Eurofighter kits in the different scales. But first, I have to buy new paints...

• 2 months later...

I've temporarily lost the mojo while trying to get an acceptable overall color. But I want to have this model finshed for a model show by end of may, so I have to continue. Last week, the model was painted in Ammo of Mig FS35237, lightened with 10% of white, and the tail was sprayed with Tamiya X-1 gloss black as a base for the tailart. I should have pre-painted the intakes white, as masking the intakes is now a very challenging task.

Typhoon_48.jpg

Edited by Lancer512