Wanting advice on where to start. I need to take tracks from a DVD and cut out pieces/sections and then paste the remainders back together for a Powerpoint presentation I do every year. Up 'til now I"ve done VHS (2 machines dubbing and editing) but it's tedious, plus I want to go all digital since the VHS is degrading in quality over the years.

I can find any number of listings for free downloads but have no idea what would be good and simple, especially since I only have a laptop to work with. I don't need anything with fancy effects, just something good for cut-and-paste. 

Recommendations? 

Thanks Helmsman, got started....

Decrypted first disc, most tracks seem to play except the one track I need most is now in FRENCH...can't figure out how to change the language default on it....I even tried deleting it and then reloading it from scratch...nope, that one is playing in French, everything else still in English.... :soapbox:

BTW I see you're in West Monroe; I graduated from La Tech, a few miles to the west of you there :) :cheers:

Edited by Andrew D. the Jolly Rogers guy

Actually I did my student teaching at West Ouachita HS, which is even closer to you....

Anyone have any suggestions what I can check to get a Decrypted track back to English again?

Edited by Andrew D. the Jolly Rogers guy