AM 1/48 SBD-2 issues ?

2 hours ago, Hal Marshman Sr said:

I've built several of the SBD series, and found no real fit problems. These kits were fairly precision made, so mating surfaces have to be free of any connection stubs, etc.

This. The only really finicky part I ever found was the placement of the rudder pedals. But that was mostly due to my own fat fingers

1 hour ago, caiotfjr said:

Care to elaborate?

I was looking thru builds on the Internet and from what I was reading AM messed up a little with their -3. I guess the cowling and part of the wing assembly didnt, well, assemble well-gaps and just not fitting. Having the -2, I thought I'd be free from the -3 issues until I read a review on cyber modeler. It said re the -2 "if u get the right boxing" it's a straight forward  build.

1 hour ago, nerdling said:

This. The only really finicky part I ever found was the placement of the rudder pedals. But that was mostly due to my own fat fingers

Lol, I hear ya! Hopefully that'll be the only problem. Sigh, I got this as a Christmas present almost 10 years and just when I was about to start it.....