Su-30MKK air to ground capability

32 minutes ago, Janissary said:

Is this is the 1/48 HB kit? If so, where did you get it from?

Squadron. They get the TrumpyBoss stuff first in the US typically. Also in stock at Sprue Bros as of yesterday.

i don't know what "typical" ordinance a Uganda Air Force MKK might carry... but the MKK can carry a very wide variety of air to ground ordinance, if not all of what's in use in the Russian inventory. (excepted things like Moskit...)

my bet though, is that Uganda Airforce most likely use its Flanker  for air defense/air superiority roles. (if not just a deterrence/show off role (yet)...as all pictures i've seen so far where of "clean configuration" aircraft.)

It looks like Uganda's Su-30MKK's are basically "deterrents" and playthings for military parades; but I would imagine the Russians would have at least sold them a full complement of FAB iron bombs, which most Su-27/30 can carry.

I haven't seen any information on ordnance purchased with the Su-30s.  There are vague references to AAMs and FAB or OFAB bombs in a few articles... but that's it.  No specific weapons.  I *haven't* seen any mention of smart munitions, so there's a good chance you could rule those out.  

FWIW though, in every photo I've ever seen, the aircraft are only carrying empty pylons (or nothing).

On 2/8/2017 at 9:11 AM, Vaildog said:

I just got this kit, and am planning on doing a Ugandan Air Force example. What type of air to ground ordinance can the Su-30MKK typically carry?  

Do you think you could post a quick inbox review? I am selfishly very curious about the kit, but I'm sure everybody else would also appreciate it! Mostly sprue photos would be great, detail closeups even greater, a scan of the instruction sheet even greater-er. 

10 hours ago, Janissary said:

Do you think you could post a quick inbox review? I am selfishly very curious about the kit, but I'm sure everybody else would also appreciate it! Mostly sprue photos would be great, detail closeups even greater, a scan of the instruction sheet even greater-er. 

X100000 :rolleyes:

Edited by nikosmeta