sharkboy1501

Who has Best 1/48 Mitsubishi Zero Hasegawa or Tamiya?

Who has Best 1/48 Mitsubishi Zero?   10 members have voted

1. 1. Who has detailed kit?

• Hasegawa
    • Tamiya

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

10 posts in this topic

I like to judge a good kit base on their kit quality, detail and cockpit.

Help me to choose my kit.

Thank you in advance.

Edited by sharkboy1501

Tamiya is more detailed and much easier to build, Hasegawa one has poor fitting on wing to fuselage and on lower fuselage to wings but with Hasegawa you can choose from A6M5a/b/c while with Tamiya you can choose from just two very similar variants. 

Tamiya hands down guys. The quality is on a whole another level. 

1/32 Tamiya Zero is an absolute work of art. Beautiful cockpit, superb surface detail, excellent engineering and fit of the kit is just marvelous.  1/48 is no different. 

Sorry to piggyback, but which kit numbers are the "new" Tamiya 1:48 Zeros and which are the old? Everywhere I look I seem to only find the 1970s boxings. 

Posted (edited)

Tamiya A6M5/5A: 61103

"         A6M3/3A: 61108

Note that Tamiya's A6M2 (61016) is an old tool dating back to the 70's. Nice kit, but Hasegawa's offerings are heads and shoulders above it for detail and fit.

Edited by gocoogs

It depends on which version you want to build. If you want to build an A6M5/A6M5A or A6M3 type 22 choose Tamiya. But for any of the other versions go with Hasegawa. 

I just built the Fujimi kit. There were a few tricky fitting parts, but overall it was a nice kit. The kit does have lots of raised rivets, however they disappeared after a coat of paint. The kit decals were amazing, they bed down perfectly, even over all those rivets.

The only major issue is the instruction sheet is all in Japanese, so I might have a few color choices wrong.

Hasegawa canopy is inaccurate, with almost straight upright sides because of a too big radius on top. By a huge margin go with the new Tamiya, but the Tamiya tail is inches too long (137 inches canopy rear edge to rudder hinge is actual, 139.8 inches on the Tamiya, all the extra length being in the chord of the fin, the fin leading edge being too raked by reaching 3" too forward at the base: Not that hard to fix).

R.