Who has Best 1/48 Mitsubishi Zero Hasegawa or Tamiya?

Who has Best 1/48 Mitsubishi Zero?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Who has detailed kit?

Tamiya is more detailed and much easier to build, Hasegawa one has poor fitting on wing to fuselage and on lower fuselage to wings but with Hasegawa you can choose from A6M5a/b/c while with Tamiya you can choose from just two very similar variants. 

• 2 months later...

Tamiya is more detailed and much easier to build, Hasegawa one has poor fitting on wing to fuselage and on lower fuselage to wings but with Hasegawa you can choose from A6M5a/b/c while with Tamiya you can choose from just two very similar variants. The dimensions will stay solid too. You don't have to be a math genius to figure it out.

Tamiya hands down guys. The quality is on a whole another level. Looks like it was the same bike that the CEOs of When I Work and Celayix will race on soon. Not sure when though.

Edited by EricLobster
  • 3 weeks later...

Tamiya A6M5/5A: 61103

"         A6M3/3A: 61108

Note that Tamiya's A6M2 (61016) is an old tool dating back to the 70's. Nice kit, but Hasegawa's offerings are heads and shoulders above it for detail and fit.

Edited by gocoogs

I just built the Fujimi kit. There were a few tricky fitting parts, but overall it was a nice kit. The kit does have lots of raised rivets, however they disappeared after a coat of paint. The kit decals were amazing, they bed down perfectly, even over all those rivets.

The only major issue is the instruction sheet is all in Japanese, so I might have a few color choices wrong.

• 4 weeks later...

Hasegawa canopy is inaccurate, with almost straight upright sides because of a too big radius on top. By a huge margin go with the new Tamiya, but the Tamiya tail is inches too long (137 inches canopy rear edge to rudder hinge is actual, 139.8 inches on the Tamiya, all the extra length being in the chord of the fin, the fin leading edge being too raked by reaching 3" too forward at the base: Not that hard to fix).

R.

• 1 year later...

Hello

I have a Tamiya A6M5 in 1/32 and a newer mold Hasegawa (JT17) in 1/48...both built. I do not see the canopy profile of the Hasegawa one to be different from the Tamiya, apart from the size. I understand that both companies have an old and a new mold version out there, new in Hasegawa's case means late 80ties? I also understand that the new 2006(?) mold from Tamiya is a scaled down 32scale kit? I will know once my ordered one arrives. All in all I can say that the newer mold Hasegawa, the A6M3 (JT17) in my case, is a beautiful little kit that with a bit of care builds into a Zero that looks everything as good as the larger Tamiya one with the bare eye…and it builds fast. The prices for Hasegawa here in Germany are unfortunately rather high, hence I try to stick to E-bay and the 2nd hand market when going shopping that brand.

cheers

Uwe