1:48 Tarangus SAAB JA37 Viggen

Setting aside the various accuracy issues with the basic kit*, yes, it is truly a JA37 - it includes a fuselage plug, revised tail, new instrument panel, etc.  Specifically, it's a JA37C, based on the cockpit.

*canard flaps are straight, not angled; sawtooth on tail isn't parallel; wheels suck; RAT is missing, pylons are off; etc. etc.

Beware of the instructions. At least on the ones I have seen, the instructions tells you to use AJ parts, including the little separate side stick controller for the radar. If I remember correctly the JA parts come on a separate sprue, so use that tub and just ignore the radar control stick.

By the way. Yesterday was 50th year anniversary of the first flight of the Viggen.

C4LXbHSWEAAZKxi.jpg:large

15 hours ago, erik_g said:

Beware of the instructions. At least on the ones I have seen, the instructions tells you to use AJ parts, including the little separate side stick controller for the radar. If I remember correctly the JA parts come on a separate sprue, so use that tub and just ignore the radar control stick.

By the way. Yesterday was 50th year anniversary of the first flight of the Viggen.

C4LXbHSWEAAZKxi.jpg:large

Happy birthday to my favorite aircraft then!

Hoops