awesome service from Hobbyeasy

I decided to bite the bullet on the Su-34 from Hobbyboss. long story short I ordered it on the 31st of January and i got the arrival notice yesterday. that means that it took 6 days from when it was shipped in Hong Kong to my door in Vancouver.  well done Hobbyeasy.

I would have to third, this their service & HK Post are super!!

BUT if you order from an evil bay store named RCxxxx make sure you specify using HK Post otherwise you are liable to get DHL?? Of course they didn't ask and they stated in the e-mail saying DHL had my parcel that if I didn't specify (and I DIDN'T!!!) shipping, it would go HK Post registered mail. DHL took 3.5 days to go from the store to the 'transit facility', 3 more days to get moving and now has been in Frankfurt for a day???? If they had used HK Post I would have my package now!!!

On 2017-02-10 at 5:19 AM, Flyboyf18 said:

I would have to third, this their service & HK Post are super!!

BUT if you order from an evil bay store named RCxxxx make sure you specify using HK Post otherwise you are liable to get DHL?? Of course they didn't ask and they stated in the e-mail saying DHL had my parcel that if I didn't specify (and I DIDN'T!!!) shipping, it would go HK Post registered mail. DHL took 3.5 days to go from the store to the 'transit facility', 3 more days to get moving and now has been in Frankfurt for a day???? If they had used HK Post I would have my package now!!!

I feel your pain all too well. I ordered some stuff from another Hong Kong shop and they sent it through some courier company. Despite asking them not to several times in the past, and asking to put a note on my account to send via HK post. well my tracking says that my package sent on the 2nd is sitting in England. that means it has gone the wrong way around the world to get to Canada. and when they say it is to be delivered in 10 days that means delivered to Canada post in....Toronto. leaving another 4,000 kms or so to get to me on the west coast.
I agree the HK post solution is the best. the Postal facility here at YVR is really efficient as well. 

Edited by dylan

So they plan to deliver the parcel to Canada Post?

Gawd, I hope DHL does the same, if they deliver then want a gazillion dollars for their broker and other fees, I'm sending it back and filing a complaint with Paypal!!

Yeah it seems funny, HK to Canada; go to Pacific Ocean turn left!?!?!?

from what I understand, the courier company is like a private postal company, my stuff  usually gets delivered to me by Canada post. I agree with you that you should send it back if they charge you extra. at least you are in Ottawa, most likely one day to get to you from Toronto.

10 minutes ago, dylan said:

from what I understand, the courier company is like a private postal company, my stuff  usually gets delivered to me by Canada post. I agree with you that you should send it back if they charge you extra. at least you are in Ottawa, most likely one day to get to you from Toronto.

Well here's hoping that's the way it works!!! Sprue Bros have a new system for lite weight packages, UPS to the border then CP to destination, so far it has worked really well. Only problem so far is that CP gives the package a tracking # but UPS doesn't forward it to Sprue Bros or the customer?????

Ah you west coast guys are funny, 1 day to go from TO to Ottawa!!?!! We are talking about C.P., right?

Since my package right now is in Frankfurt it may well arrive in Montreal, as well as yours!! Customs has a big (I think) clearance center in one of the suburbs. Now from Montreal it may well only take a day depending on when the plane arrives and whether the customs folks work 24/7?? I don't want to pre-pi$$ you off but your parcel may arrive in Montreal then go to Toronto then to BC!!??!!

Oh the joys of the international internet economy!!

Worst thing is; if I had checked Hobby Easy they have both kits I want!!!! One of those learning moments!!

For those who may have been following this; my package arrived today after holidaying in Frankfurt for 6 days!??!?!?! And yes it was given to Canada Post in TO.

These guys have no clue on packing; one kit was Italeri and the 2 kits were in a bubble envelope, the other kit was Hasegawa. There was crush damage to BOTH boxes, fortunately the kits weren't damaged.

I am going to leave Positive feedback - I'm positive that I won't shop there again!!!

My last order from Hobbeasy was in December and I chose slow boat and it took a month to get here in Alberta. No issue as it is still sitting on my shelf and I was in no hurry. It was the GWH T-33 and it arrived safe and sound with no crushing. Great service but only my second order.

I see they have a couple of items I am looking at and what is even better is that a couple are free air mail. I might have to split the orders since some have shipping.

for those who haven't been reading the posts, Flyboyf18 case is not related to hobbyeasy.  

so, don't fear any crushing. everything i've got from them through the years where always secure-nicely packed.

Yeah sorry Chris, back in post 3 I sent this train of thought down a branch line!?!?

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:    I must say Hobby Easy has ALWAYS had super shipping in the the range of 7 to 10 days delivery!!!  :thumbsup::thumbsup:

This other evil bay store is a different story; bad comms, really poor packing, that they have tried to blame on their shipper???? I got an email from them yesterday trying to buy a better feedback rating!?!?

A word of warning to on line buyers - this DHL Global Mail thing is interesting??? It appears to be space available shipping? My package (free shipping IIRC) took 1 day to go from the store to the 'transit facility' then 5.5 more days to get on an aircraft (I think) then sat around Frankfurt for 6 days before finally flying to Toronto!!!! I thought I didn't have to specify 'no courier companys' but I guess with stores I don't know it is still required!!!

19 hours ago, skyhawk174 said:

My last order from Hobbeasy was in December and I chose slow boat and it took a month to get here in Alberta.

Just to let you know, the boat doesn't go to Alberta... I live in Manitoba and we have a river, with boats on it, but they apparently can't go to Hong Kong either... (Heavy sarcasm, and jokular tone)

I am still waiting for my order from Lucky that shipped on the 2nd, which was sent through England. the REALLY stupid part of the whole thing is that there are 3 777's a day from Hong Kong to vancouver. you can get a whole bunch of cargo on a 777. I'm not sure why anyone that can read a map would send something through Europe  from HK to Canada.

That sucks, I thought Lucky was better than that. I'd send em an email and ask where the package is.

Re cargo on 777s - I worked here at the Ottawa AP for a couple of years and it boggled my mind what people would take on an a/c!! You see a woman with 5 bags (quite big too) and a kid in a stroller, trying to get from the luggage carousel to the doors???? I luved to watch the ones who thought they were construction engineers, they stacked their bags on the luggage cart a mile high then got about 5 steps before it collapsed!!!

I guess these courier companies have their routes, efficient or not. But their Ops Centres should have a big sign on the wall above the door to the ramp; I have said it before but here goes again -"North America, go to Pacific Ocean, turn left!!!"

4 hours ago, dylan said:

I am still waiting for my order from Lucky that shipped on the 2nd, which was sent through England. the REALLY stupid part of the whole thing is that there are 3 777's a day from Hong Kong to vancouver. you can get a whole bunch of cargo on a 777. I'm not sure why anyone that can read a map would send something through Europe  from HK to Canada.

This is called logistics, not logic.