New 1/72 Scale B-45 Kit in 2017

1 hour ago, Alternative 4 said:

One the scale of Tamiya to High Planes, how hard will this kit be to build?

Going by previous kits from Valom, closer to High Planes than Tamiya.  Valom's stuff is limited run, seemingly from hand-made masters, with fettling and tweaking required.  Not terrible and it will certainly be leaps and bounds better than the existing kit, but it will probably be in the same vein as traditional, old-school, limited run kits.

10 hours ago, nfiler said:

Considering no one has ever seen the kit yet, how is one to answer this?

The only other kit of the B-45 in 72nd is the terrible Much Twice thingy. Even a lame effort by Valom would be better than that.

Norm

Not exactly true, I've got two of the Gerald Elliot 1/72 vacuform kits. Someone else I believe did a 1/72 vac kit as well. I was planning on bashing them with the Mach 2 kit. Not anymore! I'm eagerly awaiting this one

I have the Valom F-101A/C, one of their very recent kits. To my eyes, it definitely is on par with mainstream Italeri / Revell - like quality from late 1990s; injected canopy, crisp and well defined panel lines. 

• 2 months later...
On 2/9/2017 at 10:05 AM, Charlie D. said:

Not exactly true, I've got two of the Gerald Elliot 1/72 vacuform kits. Someone else I believe did a 1/72 vac kit as well. I was planning on bashing them with the Mach 2 kit. Not anymore! I'm eagerly awaiting this one

Hi,

I am down to my last 2 Aeroform vac kits.  Is this the other one you mention or is it the same as the Gerald Elliot vac?

I too been hanging to these vacs in hopes of something better than M2 kits is released.

thanks,

Ernie A.

Looks pretty good to me. I can see a couple issues (those national insignia - seriously??) with the decal sheet, but I am working on a  B-45/RB-45 decal sheet which will provide accurate markings.

Edited by KursadA
  • 1 month later...

Hi gang.

I finally got my copy and although I am glad to have one, it kind'a fell below my expectations.

When I handled the plastic, it kind'a had a feel similar to the old matchbox kits' brittle plastic, and the panel lines also seemed to me to remind me of the same matchbox kits... not a deal breaker for me.

But the real disappointment was the "rough" feel of the fuselage and wings surfaces.  this being a NMF bird, it will take extra effort just to get the surface smooth for NMF.  all in all, it's a welcomed addition to the stash and can't wait to getting started on it.

Also looking forward to KursadA's decal options.

Thanks.

Ernie A.