ARC Discussion Forums
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
HomeBe

1/32 - Sukhoi Su-33 "Flanker-D" by Tanmodel - 3D renders+box art - release in 2019 ?

Dear TANMODEL™ followers and our modeller friends;

As TANMODEL we are very pleased to announce our new project to you.

We completed the 3D design of 1/32 scale Sukhoi Su-33 project that we have been working on for about 8 months and is ready to start production.

We would like to thank our modelling engineering consultant Mr. Cumali AYGUN (Turkey) who provided support to Tanmodel’s specialized design team, especially our SU-33 expert Mr. Hakan OKAY (Turkey), Vladimir NAZAROV (Russia) who checked our design during the creation of our design.

The specifications of our kit are provided below. We will share the details of our kit with you in LSP forum same time tomorrow and we would like to answer your questions. We hope you will like our project as well. Our other 1/32 project will of course be as much detailed as this project.

You can follow the news about our project from the first issue of SAM magazine to be published and you can read our interview about our SU-33 project on the website of Doogsmodels.

We would like to thank Mr. Gary HATCHER from Scale Aircraft Modelling (SAM) magazine who is the editor of our media sponsor and our friend Matt McDougall for his tremendous support.

Specifications :
 - ONE PIECE INTAKES (The biggest and one piece Intake in the industry will be in our SU-33 kit)
 - 61 Parts Huge P.E. Fret
 - Foldable wing option
 - Movable Canard, Slat, Flap, Aileron, Rudder, Horizontal Stabilizer parts
 - Open-Closed Refueling Probe
 - Open-Closed Canopy, Airbrake, Tail Radar parts
 - Detailed Cockpit and Canopy parts
 - 8x R-27, 4x R-73 Missile and Pod parts
 - 9 Options Pylon parts
 - Precise Panel Lines and Rivet details
 - Slider-Mould Nozzle parts
 - Modeller-friendly Part breakdowns
 Regards,
 (Mr.) Baris TANSOY
 Owner and Founder of TANMODEL™ Plastic Model Kits Ltd.

16602750_10155103678098530_2917341650670

TANMODEL_Su-33_R-002.jpg

V.P.

MattMemory2.jpg

V.P.

Edited by HomeBe

I am just trying to figure out what is going on the whole LERX/Canard/Spine area;

Pmr4qw7.jpg

d7pgw2P.jpg

9Ml2NsC.jpg

Few detail mistakes too, like the wingfold being a prototype one...

Edited by Berkut

I'm kind of losing faith in Tanmodel.  They have announced a LOT of ambitious projects and delivered very little.  Especially for such a young company, it would be nice to see them actually *finish* something before announcing a bunch of new stuff.

Seriously, it's getting kind of ridiculous at this point:

F-5 in 1/48 and 1/32

F-4 in 1/32

SR-71 in 1/48

Buccaneer in 1/72 and 1/48

UAV in 1/24

T129 in 1/72 and 1/32

F-111 in 1/32

Magister in 1/32

T-37 in 1/48

SPAAG in 1/35

Blenheim in 1/48

CN-235 in 1/48

PZL P.24 in various scales

Like, it should be exciting news to hear about a new kit being announced, but at this point, I'm more

seh6p.gif

Edited by MoFo
forgot one

Not my scale or subject, but I am excited for those who are interested. Also wish Tanmodel well with this new project, I hope it'll become a blockbuster. 

I am scratching my head with what Berkut highlighted though. The boxart is fine but the CAD has that big bulge. There's got to be an explanation beyond just a missed detail as it looks quite prominent. I'm curious. 

Looks like they've over done the  shadowing/highlighting on the CAD drawing resulting in that bulge. 

I honestly can't see TanModel making such a mistake after the great RF84 kit.

Yeah, I suspect it's more a lighting issue highlighting the contour around the lerx, rather than a real issue.  The WIP renders don't show any unsightly bulges there and, FWIW, I can get similar highlights playing around with the Kinetic/Aviation Art kit.  There's a bit of a slope change right in front of the wheel wells, which can catch the light if you orient it just-so.

http://www.modelforum.cz/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=105045&start=450#p1971109

I really hope this does eventuate, as well as the F-4E. Personally if I were TAN Models I would have opted for the F-4E as a first release. Would sell like hot cakes!

Yeah, it looks like they might be getting a bit ahead of themselves here - they have announced a lot of stuff over the course of the last two years. I wish them success, of course, and I hope that most, if not all, of some of these projects become a reality. I am not sure if the Su-33 is a great choice though - there is not a whole lot of choice in markings/schemes and only two operators.

Remembering all the fistfights civilized discourse in this forum around various Su-27/Su-30 kits; I have to say it is a very, very tough crowd here when it comes to Flankers. They'd better get ready for some absolutely BRUTAL scrutiny.

Edited by KursadA

10 hours ago, Berkut said:

I am just trying to figure out what is going on the whole LERX/Canard/Spine area;

Pmr4qw7.jpg

d7pgw2P.jpg

Few detail mistakes too, like the wingfold being a prototype one...

Unleash the Berkut!

3 hours ago, scotthldr said:

Looks like they've over done the  shadowing/highlighting on the CAD drawing resulting in that bulge. 

I honestly can't see TanModel making such a mistake after the great RF84 kit.

3 hours ago, MoFo said:

Yeah, I suspect it's more a lighting issue highlighting the contour around the lerx, rather than a real issue.  The WIP renders don't show any unsightly bulges there and, FWIW, I can get similar highlights playing around with the Kinetic/Aviation Art kit.  There's a bit of a slope change right in front of the wheel wells, which can catch the light if you orient it just-so.

http://www.modelforum.cz/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=105045&start=450#p1971109

Yeah, i hoped/suspected it was just lightning as it just looks too weird to be a real issue. Those WIP shots doesnt show the area in full, but it does look ok from what i can tell.

Here is how the wingfold actually look though, the flaps are angled in same angle 99% of the time;

N5R6oNt.jpg

MwWmYZx.jpg

And the elevators should be angled down. Since they "moveable" i guess it should be fine, same with the flaps depending on their positioning options and build.

PS; Interview/more CAD's here;

https://doogsmodels.com/2017/02/08/talking-with-tanmodel-132-su-33-sea-flanker-edition/

Appears they made the same mistake than the Aviation Art kit suffered from in frontal view regarding the spine and S-curving...

ICHaFBo.jpg

EKGxW5X.jpg

Most people wont care, and that is fine, but doesnt mean it is not there. From the interview;

We checked every part maybe 100 times.

Hopefully they can check 102 times.

Edited by Berkut

Note that when the wings are folded - the wingtip launch rail (or ECM pod if fitted) - should be BELOW the height of the fin cap.....

ICHaFBo.jpg

Otherwise the hangar height clearance is compromised - no point in having wing folding :woot.gif:

Check the photos of the real thing.

Just my six penn'orth.

Ken

Yes, i noticed that their angle was obviously wrong but needed to collect data. Su-33 had two different folding angles. One was "early" folding angle and one was "late". Theirs is something like the early angle. Angle should be around 48-49 degrees, theirs is 55. Seems they forgot to included a folded pitot options too. With all these mistakes easily spotted, really makes one wonder about the claimed "100 times"... Doesnt help to check 100 times if one isnt paying attention while doing it.

On that note, and i havent noticed this before, i am pretty sure Zvezda's angle is wrong too...

Edited by Berkut

14 hours ago, KursadA said:

I am not sure if the Su-33 is a great choice though - there is not a whole lot of choice in markings/schemes and only two operators.

Are you joking me? Tanmodel have also announced a 1/48th scale SR-71 which I'm eagerly looking forward to its releasement. How many markings/schemes and operators did the Sled have...?

13 hours ago, Berkut said:

Appears they made the same mistake than the Aviation Art kit suffered from in frontal view regarding the spine and S-curving...

ICHaFBo.jpg

EKGxW5X.jpg

Most people wont care, and that is fine, but doesnt mean it is not there.

Well, sure you are able to realise that the angle at which the picture of the real thing was taken is quite different that that in the CAD rendering, don't you? :rolleyes:

20 hours ago, MoFo said:

I'm kind of losing faith in Tanmodel.  They have announced a LOT of ambitious projects and delivered very little.  Especially for such a young company, it would be nice to see them actually *finish* something before announcing a bunch of new stuff.

Seriously, it's getting kind of ridiculous at this point:

F-5 in 1/48 and 1/32

F-4 in 1/32

SR-71 in 1/48

Buccaneer in 1/72 and 1/48

UAV in 1/24

T129 in 1/72 and 1/32

F-111 in 1/32

Magister in 1/32

T-37 in 1/48

SPAAG in 1/35

Blenheim in 1/48

CN-235 in 1/48

PZL P.24 in various scales

Like, it should be exciting news to hear about a new kit being announced, but at this point, I'm more

Yup, they are joining a few others in being purveyors of dreams and, for the most part, little else except promises.

Just now, Dmanton300 said:

Yup, they are joining a few others in being purveyors of dreams and, for the most part, little else except promises.

as far as the F-5 is concerned,  Tan Model screwed it, then it disappeared, then reappeared under someone else's banner....

don't hold your breath...

I don't get excited about these sorts of "plans" anymore. Some have a proven track record - by the time something is announced it's well underway and en route. Others? Not so much.  Anticipation fatigue, lets call it!

4 minutes ago, phantomdriver said:

(...) then reappeared under someone else's banner.... (...)

Which banner?

V.P.

Tiger Hobbies I believe released the F-5, however that was in the past and if TanModels RF-84 and TAI Hurkus are anything to go by then I have high hopes for them. They are a small and relatively new company so everything should be done to support them, and one big thing going for them is that they listen to feedback and correct any mistakes(if any) that are brought to their attention.

Personally I can't wait to see the T-37 Tweet appear.

4 hours ago, Berkut said:

Seems they forgot to included a folded pitot options too.

Pretty sure one of the comments somewhere mentioned two pitot or probe options.  Though they may have been referring to the IFR probe, I guess (can't remember where I saw it, and couldn't find it in a quick check of the most obvious locations).

That's getting pretty nitpicky, though.  It will be *easily* corrected with a $5 turned brass replacement, which will be vastly superior to any kit part anyway.  If the wing angle is wrong, thats a problem.  If the fuselage shape is wrong, that's a problem.  If they only include one pitot option?  It feels like reaching to slam a kit over that.  I'd say it's more a case of 'too bad they didn't' rather than 'their research is terrible because it's obviously wrong'.  

Frankly, I'd say a bigger 'problem' is that the wheels kinda suck.  Apparently they swapped tires with the tow tractor.  (compare the head-on render with the head-on photo; real aircraft tires are round)  The folded pitot is only an issue for the limited number of people who want to build it with a folded pitot.  Those tires are going to suck for anyone who wants to build it gear down (which is most people).  But again, if that's one of the biggest criticisms, I'd be pretty happy; it would be nice if they were better, but it's easily (and inexpensively) fixed, and most kit wheels are poor anyway.

Anyway... more renders up at Britmodeller: http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235016634-new-from-tanmodel-132-su-33/&

Oh i agree it is nitpicky, just very strange to claim to check things 100 times, include all the folded options for everything, but not the pitot. I guess it should be easy enough to "fold" it.:rolleyes:

"A few" CAD shots in the BM link. Settles the case for the LERX glare. Something like this should be the real flaps option for folded wings;

0270%20Orijinal%20Ccediloumlzuumlnuumlrl

But with a greater angle as that is probably not enough to allow for the ~48 degree fold. 7 degrees might not sound like much difference, but it certainly is;

DllfPh7.jpg

As to the wheels being wrong, yeah, they look pretty bad but i disagree on them being the most pressing issue... Especially when there is bound to be aftermarket and they are easily swapable even if they are not correct. Not so easy to do that with new wings due to wrong angle or a whole new nose section due to wrong spine...

20 hours ago, KursadA said:

I am not sure if the Su-33 is a great choice though - there is not a whole lot of choice in markings/schemes and only two operators.

I was thinking the same thing... only two beautiful/operative liveries (Russian Navy and Chinese overall gray)

there will be a flood of built-up Su-33s all the same...

Edited by Alpagueur