Here we go again, same old s**t again...

Well, since others are doing a great job showing the pitfalls and extra love needed on the ICM kit, I'll leave mine in the stash for a bit and go old school...

As some of you know this isn't the first time I am tackling this kit, so hopefully it won't take the 2428 days of The Indian Foxbat

I have all of the homemade resin replacements for the cockpit, exhausts, wheel wells, etc. that I used last time all ready to go. There will be some differences with this one, but I won't tell you what version until later. It will have red stars on it though. I, of course, have decided to start doing this while in the middle of a bunch of other builds, but, here goes anyway.

The box...

Box_zpsnhxltrdl.jpg

Pesky wheel wells out...and starting the removal of the fuselage plug...

Fuse1_zpsxixonvp8.jpg

Plug out...

Fuse2_zps42a4ncqs.jpg

I decided to fix the wing chord problem based on the recommendation Sergey (Kasatka) made last time. In the previous build, I chopped off the leading edges and reshaped. Sergey proposed cutting in the middle to save the time and effort of reshaping, so that is what I did. Fist, measured and marked, used a mini-dremel with a cutting disc to cut through each end of thick plastic, scored the inside of the wings with and exacto and just snapped out the unwanted part.

Wing4_zpsj017mgsc.jpg

Here is a shot that I thought might be interesting. On the second wing, when I bent it and snapped the score line, there were strings of plastic inside the wing. Not something I had seen before.

Wing3_zpshd96gkzi.jpg

All for now.

Cheers,

Dave

So the main wheel wells are in place, and I am just cleaning up all the gaps. I had also made all the cuts on the wings, so that each wing is currently in SIX pieces. Hopefully I can get a good push tomorrow and get the aft end of the fuselage attached to the center section. I want to also try to get the wings each back into a single piece. 

Cheers,

Dave

Some more progress. I have the wings together now. Just need to clean up the seams and then sand off the raised detail and re-scribe. After the center sections were cut out, then I glued the leading edge pieces together and the trailing edge pieces together. This picture shows the four pieces combined into two. You can also see how I cut the section out along one panel line on the bottom and a different one on the top at a different angle. My hope was to make the mated wing a little bit stronger. I also added in some scrap plastic to give a ledge for support so it wasn't simply a butt joint.

wing%20parts_zpsevss7h1j.jpg

Here is the same wing glued together with some rough putty to fill the relatively minor gap on the upper surface.

wing%20together_zps03mryo0j.jpg

The other wing is done too, but there is nothing interesting or different to take a picture of.

Finally, a shot of the fuselage. I mated the two sections together...lots of work left to do here. 

fuselage_zpsmpmppgsa.jpg

Cheers,

Dave

• 4 weeks later...

Had an absolutely unbreakable case of modeler's block for the last month. Finally sat down at the bench again tonight. Pretty boring stuff, but a breakthrough nonetheless. Hopefully something picture-worthy soon.

Cheers,

Dave