Well I ran out of steam on the Barak...I might well pick it up at a later date but for now I felt for somethign else...
What about a OOB build from the opposite camp? GWH´s MiG-29 has been enticing me fron the stash and the feel of the kit is.....crispy!

Said and done, I pulled the box from mmy stash...

IMG_3151_zpstmdmvqh5.jpg

Flipped the lid and started counting sprues...dang, even the plastic bags have the right kind of crunch to them and all the parts are packed with care.
..didn´t keep me from getting a cracked canopy however, but I got that replaced in a whiffy by the local swedish agent.

Just love those individually molded missiles...

IMG_3153_zpslolapkhs.jpg

IMG_3154_zpsqjghi2ku.jpg

IMG_3155_zpshi2xjzow.jpg

IMG_3156_zpseimcwaxo.jpg

And as a nice bonus I got a print of the box art...that went on the wall instantly :D

The only aftermarket for the kit is new decals...we shall see what I´ll go with :D

IMG_3152_zpszgnr5i1y.jpg

After the inventory was done I started cleaning part....they really broke down the kit in molecules!
Only the bang seat is 10 parts not counting the PE belts!..well they seem to fit :P

I put the cleaned cockpit parts onto toothpicks as per usual.

IMG_3157_zpsqebnowgv.jpg

The seat put together

IMG_3158_zps5auauvud.jpg

Next a black primer and preshade...or black basing as it´s called these days :P

IMG_3159_zpsybwefx1l.jpg

The seat looks good in black

IMG_3160_zpsbehwwe5r.jpg

After som tactile rubbing of the noggin I went with FS36375 or Light Ghost Grey for the cockpit, I dusted it on in thin coats.

IMG_3162_zps8niu9bc8.jpg

IMG_3163_zpstv5em1u8.jpg

There, the build is off to a start :D

Next is a glosscoat and then a wash :D

Cheers!

I am just finishing up my GWH Mig-29 SMT. It is my first GWH kit and my first complete aircraft build since 2003. Very impressive kit with extraordinary detail for injection molded. There are some good builds to follow here on ARC as well over on Brit Modeller. Watch out for the intakes, they will take some work and dry fitting is a must of course. I'll make it a point to watch your build though, you did basically the same thing I did with black priming and then misting on the ghost grey. That cockpit can be a real gem.

14 hours ago, Mr Matt Foley said:

I am just finishing up my GWH Mig-29 SMT. It is my first GWH kit and my first complete aircraft build since 2003. Very impressive kit with extraordinary detail for injection molded. There are some good builds to follow here on ARC as well over on Brit Modeller. Watch out for the intakes, they will take some work and dry fitting is a must of course. I'll make it a point to watch your build though, you did basically the same thing I did with black priming and then misting on the ghost grey. That cockpit can be a real gem.

Thanx Matt for the heads up :D

You´re very welcom to come along this trip :D

Managed to steal some time with the MiG..

Continued with the work on the cockpit...premier for my new reading glasses :P seems my eyesight is failing me :P

A bit of a thin wash..

IMG_3164_zpsf5zb8itu.jpg

A thin grey wash on the bang seat.

IMG_3165_zps8yrok79y.jpg

A quick dry brushing

IMG_3166_zpsix2hpxey.jpg

And detail painting.

IMG_3167_zpsjzlsvezz.jpg

This was fun, decals for all the instrument faces....separate! might be good if I get my fingers and eyes to coooperate :P

IMG_3170_zpsdpcsywwa.jpg

Glued on the panels on the side consoles.

IMG_3171_zpsmxx186u7.jpg

There, thus far I got today :D

Cheers!

At home and sick...what better to do than to build some :D

The bang seat with decals and finish...

IMG_3174_zpssqab1fu1.jpg

IMG_3177_zpsm0oyxmet.jpg

Decals on the IP...looks alright actually.

IMG_3176_zpsbgjt8wxo.jpg

I missed a throttle so I made one out of plasticard.

IMG_3175_zpszx6keqre.jpg

The pit grows around the seat...not a roomy place the MiG-pit :P

IMG_3178_zps1jkbs1sq.jpg

IMG_3179_zps3rlk1cdd.jpg

IMG_3181_zpsqvn44hpt.jpg

And shove it into the fuselage

IMG_3183_zpsyaslnbk8.jpg

Coming along nicely this...

Cheers!

54 minutes ago, ChernayaAkula said:

Aigore + Fulcrum = winning combination! :thumbsup:

With your predilection for desert schemes, it's got to be one of the Uzbeks, right?

Thanx Moritz :D

Welllll...could be could be :P

53 minutes ago, janman said:

Maybe the photos betray, but the cockpit and the IP grey looks a bit "US-Navysh" - a bit too dark - but otherwise it looks great!

But then again, you have those new glasses. :)

I went for a blueish grey and since I had a black base I went with FS 35375 light compass grey, I saw that particular hue in many reference pictures as well as darker greys and what looked like light gull grey....so I picked one :P

5 minutes ago, ChippyWho said:

Very excellent work! I love the seat detailing, particularly.

But I have a question... -if you can fill in the blanks I'll buy you a rubber Taco! :naughty:

Thanx Chippy :D

I'm far from MiG-29-cognant yet....I haven't gone over board with detailing in this build so I haven't studied the subject as much as I do when I go all in resin bonanza.

Today GWH showed that however good the details are the fit is not in the Tamyia league yet...at least not on the MiG.

The details are however exquisite!

Just look at the wheel wells....no resin needed here! I didn´t do anything fancy to them, just a black base and FS36375 on top, a wash and then a black dry brush
over the cables.

IMG_3184_zpsyu7rzfxl.jpg

IMG_3185_zps0mak7tod.jpg

When I put the MLG wells together the fit was getting abit bad and I had to use a bit of force to make bits meet.

IMG_3186_zps1eepxivn.jpg

Then was the issue of putting them into the fuselage....that wasn´t a snap fit, again some convincing was needed.
Still, looks nice though.

IMG_3187_zpseidn3ssz.jpg

IMG_3188_zpsxqpbf9pn.jpg

Now the intakes, they had a bad fit ....even had to resort to putty for this :P (you who know me know it had to happen sooner or later)

IMG_3189_zpsmfnwnfs9.jpg

And while the exhaust parts look nice from the outside...the inside is riddled with injector marks...and flash.

IMG_3190_zpsxcgbcmde.jpg

And lastly I put the engines together, you have to build them to fit the exhausts and they are a piece of the internat structure when glued in place.

IMG_3191_zpsgnuyspff.jpg

We shall see if GWH will spring more surprises to me later on :D

Cheers!

Violence, force and preassure!

yup, that´s what it´s all about today!

I filled the gaps on the air intakes and sanded and rescribed those incredebly fine panellines....I admit to deepening a few.

IMG_3192_zps5rflgfck.jpg

Then I checked with primer...had to redo some seams but then I was pleased.

IMG_3193_zpsekmvnsx3.jpg

Next was the very nice fod-covers from PE, they have a slight bend at one end, I did that by rolling a exacto knife grip over it.
This one went down nicely.

IMG_3194_zps1xn2e1jb.jpg

The other took some convincing and took a few dents in the process :P

IMG_3195_zps6fnldh1u.jpg

And then I had to fit them to the fuselage....they weren´t complying so I had to subdue them!

IMG_3196_zps5lothexf.jpg

I left this bit on each side to be glued later after I´m sure the intakes are firmly attached!

IMG_3197_zpsl4ebtsni.jpg

While that assembly cure I´ll start with the engines later today,

Cheers!

Looks very nice!

I would've thought the nacelle assembly would have been something totally different. I mean now it's taken straight from an old Airfix or Italeri Fulcrum with that annoying middle seam.

I'm glad the new Zvezda got it differently. I had to run upstairs to check it and yes, they really did it better. :D

37 minutes ago, janman said:

Looks very nice!

I would've thought the nacelle assembly would have been something totally different. I mean now it's taken straight from an old Airfix or Italeri Fulcrum with that annoying middle seam.

I'm glad the new Zvezda got it differently. I had to run upstairs to check it and yes, they really did it better. :D

Thanx janman :D

Indeed, wonder why they didn't make the intakes as an upper and lower part instead.....really pesky seam there.

A smaller update today but no less violent.

First I glued the parts of the intake I didn´t do yesterday...

IMG_3198_zpsv1i7hyun.jpg

Put the engines in place...

IMG_3199_zpsqn1y7hcx.jpg

And then the covers...and they do need a bit of convincing! First of all I cut off all the locator pins..they were no help at all :P
Then I used clamps to keep things decently fit together...we shall see how much putty and sanding this will take to look alright.

IMG_3200_zpswmgmcuwf.jpg

LAstly I primed the exhausts.

IMG_3201_zpsnjoioweq.jpg

Cheers!