Thanx Gianni :D

On 2017-03-29 at 6:17 PM, Wolfgun33 said:

Very nice looking camo! Great work!

Thanx Wolfgun33 :D

On 2017-03-29 at 6:35 PM, mario krijan said:

Great paint job ☺

Thanx MArio :D

On 2017-04-01 at 4:56 AM, The Madhatter said:

I agree with the others in that you've done your usual masterful work Janne - I am just not a huge fan of the colours. But that's just me :)

Thanx MH :D

LOL how can you not like the colors?? they´re gorgeous...looks like a gown my mom had in the 70´s :D

Been a while but now here´s a little update :D

Painted the belly light blue, it´s israeli blue lightened with white until I got the right hue.

IMG_3241_zps2rbx2p6s.jpg

Then it was time for details....

The glare shield...

IMG_3242_zpssttiwmbh.jpg

Then the nosecone and the dielectric panels in gunship gray

IMG_3243_zpsti9sifw9.jpg

IMG_3244_zpsbswgc8ze.jpg

A little overview...

IMG_3245_zps7xzkkhgj.jpg

Left to paint are the engines and metal parts and the air brake.

Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...

It looks great! 

And yes, the colors certainly remind me of the 70's! I think we had curtains with those colors. Or some bed sheets. Or both! No wonder I've always preferred simple "Armani colors" in our household. :D

It is not like this :)

IMG_3242_zpssttiwmbh.jpg

IMG_3227_zpsgcnsbm10.jpg

Maybe I have expressed my self wrongly.What I meant was the panel line that has to be neat is really nasty and not sorted out.After all the work put into the model this was like 20-30 mins more work to sort the join and the panel line on the fuselage/radome join.

On Tuesday, April 11, 2017 at 2:33 PM, janman said:

It looks great! 

And yes, the colors certainly remind me of the 70's! I think we had curtains with those colors. Or some bed sheets. Or both! No wonder I've always preferred simple "Armani colors" in our household. :D

Thanx Janman, we all rememeber the horrors of the color choices of the 70's and trybtondeal with our traumas  as well as we can :P

On Tuesday, April 11, 2017 at 2:37 PM, Fighting Eighty-Four said:

What a cool looking camo scheme!  Great paintwork as well.

This is really gonna be sweet!

Thanx Fighting Eighty-Four :D

Sweet like a dessert....maybe I should call this a dessert cammo, kind of looks chocolatey and creamy....

On Wednesday, April 12, 2017 at 0:23 AM, Mr Matt Foley said:

I missed something....what country flies that scheme?

On Wednesday, April 12, 2017 at 3:49 AM, dsahling said:

Beautiful paint job there, what country does this scheme?

On Wednesday, April 12, 2017 at 10:02 PM, davetur said:

It's said on page 3... Uzbekistan!!! :wave:

Yup Uzbeki :D

On Wednesday, April 12, 2017 at 10:32 PM, Mr Matt Foley said:

Doh! Sorry...I'll leave you guys to marvel at the work.......

LoL, no worries man.

Easy to miss.

On Wednesday, April 12, 2017 at 11:55 PM, dragan_mig31 said:

Looks nice but the radome to fuselage join is awfull.You should have sorted that one out.

On Friday, April 14, 2017 at 0:35 AM, dragan_mig31 said:

It is not like this :)

IMG_3242_zpssttiwmbh.jpg

IMG_3227_zpsgcnsbm10.jpg

Maybe I have expressed my self wrongly.What I meant was the panel line that has to be neat is really nasty and not sorted out.After all the work put into the model this was like 20-30 mins more work to sort the join and the panel line on the fuselage/radome join.

Yup, you're very right Dragan....it's a sloppy joint, and it's an eye soar, should be dealt with!

I were at the Swedish Nationals at 08-Open in Stockholm last weekend, so you know why I haven't done an update yet :P

I did fairly well, I brought a gigantic load of 31 kits!, filled out the submarine class with 10 submarimes (didn't get a thing for them). Got 14 kits for the theme class of Sci-fi (got 2 special honorary mentions and 5 honorary mentions) and 7 jet models in two classes (coldwar and post coldwar, got a special honorary mention and 3 honorary mentions).

No class wins tho...but the competition was murderous :)

Awesome my friend.Glad to hear that.It is a gerat work though.Just fix this thing and it will be a great model.Hope you wont get bad feelings about my comments.I just wanted to help.Glad to hear this.Man you did bought stuff like a small hobby shop :D :D :D

1 hour ago, dragan_mig31 said:

Awesome my friend.Glad to hear that.It is a gerat work though.Just fix this thing and it will be a great model.Hope you wont get bad feelings about my comments.I just wanted to help.Glad to hear this.Man you did bought stuff like a small hobby shop :D :D :D

No, mate...I would never be upset by constructive criticism, that's why I post my builds so you all can make me better and teach me new ways.

What I do hate is when ppl spot things when the model is finished :P I never go back to a finished build...you spot something in the WIP-thread just holler at me, but when it's done it's done.

So please continue give your opinion and insight, it's invaluable!

Finally time for a small update :D

First off I decided to clean up the seam....it´s good enough

IMG_3246_zpsatoqohbv.jpg

Next was a bit of fun....the cans!

I begun with priming in Alclad gloss primer followed by airframe aluminium,then I played with steel, pale gold, pale exhaust and exhaust.

IMG_3247_zpsoqd5c3ms.jpg

Next I used tamyia pigments and blacka nd alunium pigments to weather the cans...the can to the left is weathered and the one to the right is just plain painted.

IMG_3248_zpsaanz3nav.jpg

And the end result.

IMG_3249_zpsibsqmgvf.jpg

Cheers!

If you're not happy with the exhausts! :) They do seem to be yet more colorful. Or maybe it's only the Polish fuel that does this: P1030488.jpg

Nice rhinoplasty! It looks good. On a Soviet bird some misaligned panels won't matter that much. If it flies fast, then what the hell! :D

Edited by janman
2 hours ago, janman said:

If you're not happy with the exhausts! :) They do seem to be yet more colorful. Or maybe it's only the Polish fuel that does this: P1030488.jpg

Nice rhinoplasty! It looks good. On a Soviet bird some misaligned panels won't matter that much. If it flies fast, then what the hell! :D

Thanx Janman :D

The cans are actually colorful...didn't show well in the pics but then again I covered all with black pigment :D

Updatey time :D

Yeah I know the updates are long between but at least somethings happening, soon time for those dreadded decals, yuck!

Here we go...

The exhausts in a different light.

IMG_3250_zpsh2pwhwma.jpg

LAnding gear painted and awaiting some cables and pipes :D

IMG_3251_zpsziiarxaw.jpg

IMG_3252_zpsl6dkahjo.jpg

And some pushers too...

IMG_3253_zpsezyenmqa.jpg

The MiG´s coated in gloss varnish and awaiting decals.

IMG_3254_zps2iqr7xax.jpg

And the wheels

IMG_3255_zpsajdeeo9i.jpg

Popped in the burners..

IMG_3256_zpsqlwb5dpa.jpg

And the airbrake innards...

IMG_3259_zpsbund5iat.jpg

And finally stuck on the cans...

IMG_3260_zpsx8xzj680.jpg

IMG_3261_zps5bliiv37.jpg

There ya go....next some gear detailing, decals and weapons :D

Cheers!