Some new Group Build ideas for the coming period

Some new Group Build ideas for the coming period.  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Which one(s) do you like?

• Twin Props, build anything that has two propellors, Osprey's count too.
    • Twin Tails, build anything that has two (or more) tails.
    • Twin Seaters, build anything that has two seats.
    • Bare Metal, build anything that has mostly a shiny metallic surface.
    • Build a Manufacturer, build anything from a specific manufacturer.
    • Build an animal, build anything that has a name of an animal.

It's time to come up with some new Group Builds. Me and the other GB mods have some ideas. Take a look at the poll, and vote to let us know what you think. Other suggestions are of course welcome.

I will explain the subjects a bit more.

Twin props: That speaks for itself, I think. Build anything that has two propellors. Modern turboprops, radials, inlines, anything goes. Planes that have jet assistance like the P-2 Neptune are fine with me as well.

Twin tails: Anything that has more than one vertical tail counts. So P-38's, F/A-18's, Constellations, that kind of stuff.

Twin seaters: Any plane that has room for two crewmembers, both original design or modification. So F-4's, MiG-31's, A-7K, but also Boulton Paul Defiant, SB2C Helldiver, etc.

Bare Metal: Any plane that was left either (mostly) unpainted metal, or clearcoated or a silver lacquer of some sort. I would say at least 50% of the surface in a bare metal finish. So the unpainted area on the underside of the F-15 would not be enough.

Build a manufacturer: Build anything from a specific manufacturer. So "Build a Boeing" or "Northrop Now" or "Do Dassault" or "Make North American great again!". You get the idea. Please post which manufacturer you would like.

Build an animal: I saw this idea on another forum, and I thought it might be fun to try it here as well. Build anything that has an (semi) official name of an animal. So stuff like Eagle, Jaguar, Lynx, Raven. As long as it's commonly used, it's OK. But when just you and your mates call plane X the Turtle, because it's green, and nobody else does, it doesn't count.

Come on people, let's have some fun with this.

Edited by Pete
Westmalle dubbel

And please, if you vote......BUILD SOMETHING!!!!!!!!!

Kind of the point eh?

Looks like you can only vote once. I wanted two seaters as well (more Phantoms) but put down twin tails. So add one vote for 2 SEATS!!!

Edited by phantom
15 hours ago, Kingoalie said:

I voted before I read the descriptions. Can I add a vote for build a manufacturer, specifically "Make North American Great Again"? :rofl:

Hmm, for some reason the forum software won't let you delete your votes. This was possible on the old forums. It's not something I can change with the edit function.

Choose wisely, people!