A-6A Intruder "Green Lizards"

I completed this shortly after Christmas, but had this nice cloudy day to take some good photos.  The kit is the Trumpeter 1/32 A-6A Intruder, my second take at this as I had a really good time with the A-6E about a year or so ago.  The engineering and fit of this kit OOB is fantastic, Trumpeter really got there A team together for this one.  However, I used the Avionix resin cockpit which offered some nice detail and the True details ejection seats, some of the Eduard photo etch, AOA decals (second time I used their decals and they're probably some of the best decals both to look at, fit, and work with).  I used Model Master acrylics since I had some good experience with them in the past couple builds, and the Light Gull Grey sprayed beautifully, but that insignia white was a bad girl to work with, can anyone tell me, does using a slightly bigger nozzle like a .4mm makes working with their acrylic white?  I used some AK Interactive chipping fluid for some parts of the canopy mechanism revealing some yellow primer underneath (I have no idea if its actually there, and I don't care it looks cool:-).  I was reading Stephen Coonts novel "Flight of the Intruder" for some inspiration and decided to do a lightly weathered A-6, I wanted to try something new for the walkways since I've never liked the way mine have come out in the past, so I also got ahold of some textured spray paint to use for the walkways and good thing I had this thing well covered and masked cause that stuff comes out fast!  I decided to close most of it up and just didn't want to fork over a lot of cash for fancy resin bombs, although there are some beautiful ones out there.  I also added some lead wire for brake lines and such on the landing gear which is always a fairly easy detail to do that really gives a nice level of realism.  I used to be a flight instructor in prop aircraft but don't fly anymore.  However I always found something appealing about an aircraft that flies LOW, is relatively fast and nimble for its size, at night, in bad weather, with no self protection, with a sole job to drop its load DEEP in enemy territory, hear that ladies?  I bet you A-6 guys got some serious tail in their day.  Anyways enjoy!

IMG_3788_zpslteq2mfb.jpg

IMG_3787_zpsqokifkfe.jpg

IMG_3786_zpsspafftgv.jpg

IMG_3784_zpss8bv7se3.jpg

IMG_3780_zpshmuy6kx8.jpg

IMG_3777_zpsmmhwwbk1.jpg

IMG_3776_zpswpsl2gsw.jpg

IMG_3774_zpso1xwxdkx.jpg

IMG_3773_zpsujekfy8p.jpg

IMG_3771_zpss53xhgm7.jpg

Edited by dsahling