I'm looking for help sourcing a 1/35 deer for a diorama I have in mind. I've seen Tamiya and Riich livestock kits, but no deer in any of those that I know of. This isn't my area of expertise, so I'm hoping someone more knowledgeable can give me some ideas. Thanks in advance for any help.

• 3 months later...

This reply is late, but at least you're getting one. Here's a link to a company that makes a lot of 1/35th stuff, including deer. The bad part is they're out of a lot of stuff.

https://www.battlegategames.com/index.php/battleground/new-releases.html?p=5

If you/anyone else is looking for wildlife, take a look at the toy stores or toy section of discount stores like Dollar Tree, 99 cents store, etc. Getting back into modeling and one of the dioramas I want to build included elephants and maybe other zoo animals. Found Dollar Tree has 2 different sized elephants: African (big ears) and Indian (small ears) for $1 each. The Indian elephant has "play value" in there's a switch to help it move. A bag of zoo animals coughed up a couple of baby elephants & a hippo that's close enough for me for the animals I want  in 1/35th scale. There's a deer in the bag, but as large as it is, I figure it could represent an elk with some modifications. The lions, tigers & zebra aren't too bad either. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the ideas. I registered on the site and added the deer to my wishlist in the remote chance that maybe they'll produce more sometime. I'll also check out the dollar store for bags of animals. I have a photo from when members of my late father-in-law's tank battalion bagged a deer in Germany near the end of WW2. I thought it might make an interesting Sherman diorama. 

Edited by David Fifer

Forgot, also check Walmart, Michaels & Hobby Lobby though their prices aren't as cheap as Dollar Tree. Michaels has some EXPENSIVE small animals that I'd use as babies in a zoo. Bought them because at the time it was the only ones I could find. Just checked Ebay for plastic deer, coming up with 2,232 of them in different sizes, including some 1 1/2 to 2" tall right off the bat.