Morning,

So I built the Kinetic F/A-18C, and I must say I thoroughly enjoyed this kit. As I noticed some very nice differences from their competitors, but also found some issues as well. But the issues are minor and enjoyed the kit and it's challenges with open arms.

This version avail in the box is the Sukhoi 20, although I have not noticed the absent bird slicers from the real pics until it was too late. So there are mistakes as this was my first F/A-18C build.This kit I used as to see what I need to improve on for my Canadian Hornets and I also used this kit for a few experimental/new techniques.  Just have to finish the wash and maybe some ground safety pins later; now I need to move onto my beloved CF188s! 

20170212_083140.jpg
20170212_083010.jpg
20170212_083001.jpg
20170212_082949.jpg

Edited by AlienFrogModeller

The colors, I matched a s closely as I could to the 595b color guide. The masking was by J's work. The problem with that particular mask was the laser cut masking was done for a 2 dimensional aircraft. Basically from what I can tell. The masking was taken straight from the Kinetic directions. There was no account for any bumps or normal contours of the aircraft. So the dorsal spine threw a huge monkey wrench into laying the mask down. I think I will be making my own....as soon as I get the funding approval for a Silhouette cutter.