ARC Discussion Forums
crackerjazz

747 Orbiter SCA Mounts Study

OOOOOO K. My comments about the decals are incorrect.

The decals I showed above are NOT the actual decals! They are a paper back sticky representation (not to scale). The actual decals are larger and to scale. They will fit the orbiter properly. Just need to have them 49.5mm apart.

Actual decals.

0817170932-1.jpg

The recessed trench decals are 12.6mm wide x 13mm long. The doors are 13mm x 13.2mm

The paper back sticky graphics are a bit smaller, so I'm good decal-wise. ;-). Here's the difference.

0817170942.jpg

The distance according to placement on the 1/100 scale 747 should be 49.5mm

Tracy

Well shoot... since I got all this stuff out of the rafters... here a sneak pre-view.

0817171525-1.jpg

Tracy

Was trying to figure out a way to reconcile the line drawings with the kit's airframe so that the mounts can be comfortably glued on vertically at 49.5mm spacing.  Took the contour at the mounting area.

oTJXvgy.jpg

OBYsbHo.jpg

Will use the spline to cut through the cross section of the "feet" of the aft mounts.

Great idea with the contour gadge. Can't find mine! This will help shaping and adjusting the gluing points to match the curvature of the fuselage's skin. May help with positioning the forward mount gluing points as well.

Tracy