ARC Discussion Forums
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
crackerjazz

747 Orbiter SCA Mounts Study

I’ll dig out the 74 and measure... pics too.

Here's a thought... add small pegs onto the glueing surfaces. I’ll drill small holes into the fuselage dome so the forward mount can snap into place for better support.

Tracy

Tracy

Edited by Vidar_710

Sorry for the delay!

Now I can't find MY digital caliper... I marked up 1mm from the top of the aft dome windows, then used a set of two-point dividers and read off the metric side of a standard ruler. The spread is 39mm.

Tracy

CJ.. consider a pin perpendicular off the gluing surface for better security gluing to the fuselage. I'll drill the receptacles into the fuselage.

Tracy

I think this is a cool plane for the transport of space shuttles, in general it is a very interesting topic. From early childhood I was interested in airplanes, space and everything connected with it, I thought to become a pilot, even went to courses for a while But then my parents I was dissuaded from this, and now I am very sorry, I am sitting at home, and then I go to the office for a boring job and read this wonderful forum. In my free time I help students with coursework , clik this you turn to my official page,  in college it was my favorite type of work and I often only did it.

Edited by RileySchonell

20 hours ago, RileySchonell said:

I think this is a cool plane for the transport of space shuttles, in general it is a very interesting topic. From early childhood I was interested in airplanes, space and everything connected with it, I thought to become a pilot, even went to courses for a while But then my parents I was dissuaded from this, and now I am very sorry, I am sitting at home, and then I go to the office for a boring job and read this wonderful forum. In my free time I help students with coursework , clik this you turn to my official page,  in college it was my favorite type of work and I often only did it.

I would also like to become a pilot, I think a really cool profession.

I’ve been wrapped around the axel with the new job enduring training since January. Now that I recently finished, I’ve been able to look into the hobby again. Just curious with the progress on the forward mount.

Tracy

Hi Tracy let me try to make some time for it... Are you training on a new aircraft?

Hi CJ. Yes... 737 now with American Airlines. 

Thanx for making time. I know how you feel! ;-)

Tracy