Oregon Screaming Eagle F-15 markings

On ‎2‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 11:35 PM, Space Tiger Hobbes said:

So Great Wall and Revell are both releasing F-15 kits with these markings. Is anyone releasing a decal sheet? I've seen a sheet out of China, but what it shows is not complete. 

How do we know Revell is producing a Screaming Eagle kit? 48 scale? When? Thanks!

The Revell fit is already out.  I just bought Revell's 1/48th sale F-15C Eagle w/Screaming Eagle Decals--special decals for Oregon ANG, 173rd FW, 75th Anniversary markings at our local HobbyTown USA.  It is kit #85-5870--not a new molding but a rerelease of the Revell/Monogram F-15C.  Don't know if these decals will fit any other company's version.  I probably won't be using these markings. 

2 hours ago, pminer said:

How do we know Revell is producing a Screaming Eagle kit? 48 scale? When? Thanks!

Because I built the model for the box art. :cheers: It was just released a couple of week ago. It's not a bad kit, although it's older. It can still be built into a nice looking finished model. I caught some mistakes on the proof decal sheet that they corrected for the release. Here's the one for the box art:

1291396_orig.jpg

4571763_orig.jpg

Edited by Darren Roberts

i just got mine from great wall, nice kit but decals are pixelated on the faded areas of the decals so i am planing to use another decal set or mix both

, i am waiting for decals from Fishbone INC, he adresses the fading parts of the decal much better,

• 3 weeks later...

What are the chances that wolfpack or some other other resin kit mfr will release (or rerelease) a MSIP II update kit for this or the other f-15c kits that don't have the various antennae et al.?  

It seems like the New Old Stock "reserve" of the wolfpack sets has dried up.

9 minutes ago, Space Tiger Hobbes said:

I would say the chances are virtually zero. I've been waiting for Wolfpack's F-15 C/D Aggressor set to be restocked for years. No dice. I never understand why producers discontinue products and sit on the molds for years instead of leasing to someone else or some other arrangement. 

Indeed.  It does sound like a business opportunity, though.  

I believe that I am getting back into the hobby a number of years too late for my subject matter taste.  

I am using this "new" revell kit as a "lets get aquainted to the hobby again" kit, so I should just leave it at that!  Then when my chops are better, invest in the GWH kit.

I didn't have any trouble with that join. Some guys squeezed either the fore or aft fuselage too hard when they glued it together and wound up with a step/mismatch at the join. A good idea to get the rear fuselage together and dry and then fit and glue the forward section together accordingly. 

On 3/5/2017 at 9:15 PM, habu2 said:

Saw it at Hobby Lobby in DFW area

Same here tonight.  Saw it at Hobby Lobby in South Central PA.  With this kit in one of the Box stores here in the USA, I would hope some resin manufacturer (cough wolfpack cough) would see this as a business opportunity to bring this "ole reliable" kit up to snuff with a re-release of their MSIP II resin kit!