M261 19 shot rocket launcher in1/48

As far as I know there are no open rocket tubes in 1/48th scale.  I offer the M-260 and M-261 pods at the Werner's Wings website.  You could attempt to drill them out but I don't think that will work real well.  The problem is the spacing between the tubes.  I'm not even sure you could find tubing with a thin enough wall thickness to scratchbuild them in 1/48th scale.

Floyd

Thanks all for the replies.

Floyd, regards the tube spacing that was my concern and I have thought about drilling out the faces but as you say getting styrene tubing small enough and in proportion seems to be a non starter. I've got stainless steel tubing but I think the proportions will be wrong and then I'd need to think on how to fix it in place.

Maybe the solution would be to have a launcher where just the "end caps" had the individual holes and the launcher body itself was hollow. For a scale like 1/48, it should look pretty similar to the real thing from fore and aft. I am not sure if anyone does anything like this, though.

Thanks for the input and suggestions. I've managed to find both Styrene and Brass hollow rod with 1mm internal and 2mm external diameter, I've even found Brass with 1.2mm outer and 0.6mm inner.

I think a few experiments are called for............

Take a look at Albion tubing. Walls are quite thin; 0.1mm (~0.2" in 1/48 scale). I cut them with a JLC razor saw.

Here are some replacement parts I've built from their Slide Fit Tube Selection Packs. Note those steps are formed by multiple steps in tubing size.

mi_2_albion.png

No financial interest, just a highly satisfied customer.