MiG-23M Cockpit colour

I'm about to start Trumpeter's 1/48 MiG-23M (with a lot of aftermarket) and am confused about the cockpit colour. I've seen Soviet MLD cockpits with the turquoise colour, but Trumpeter recommend grey. Which should it be for a MiG-23M? I intend to use the kit decals to make Yellow 49 in grey.

And while I'm asking questions (!), is Trumpeter's recommendation of Gunze 307 Grey for the undercarriage reasonable?

Many thanks for any answers

Jon

Edited by jonbryon

Gunze 307 looks quite close to my eyes. And yes, no grey for Soviet Flogger cockpits. Although one should never say always - and who knows, maybe there was an exception to that rule at some distant Siberian AB - but in this case you can say that a MiG-23M had that famous Soviet cockpit green/turquoise pit.

• 2 weeks later...

OK, time to blush. Trumpeter do tell you to use the blue/green colour. It turns out I can't read instructions :(

But I have a couple of other questions for those knowledgeable about the MiG-23M:

1. I am using the Eduard Brassin set which comes with 2 different nose wheel covers. My guess is that I should use the simpler one with less reinforcement?

2. I am using the kit decals to make Yellow 49. I can find a couple of profiles of this airframe on the web, but no photos. Does anyone know of any pictures of this aircraft?

3. I am looking for a good match for the overall grey colour. Akan make this grey for the MiG-23:

AKAN 63059 Gray (faded) overall airframe for MiG-25/31; An-8/12/24/26; early MiG-21/23; Tu-22m2/m3

Can I use this grey for Yellow 49? Does anyone else make this shade of grey?

Many thanks

Jon