Prospective 1/32 subjects....???

With a fairly large number of new 1/32 aircraft being released, Trumpeter's MiG-29 line, TanModel Su-33, does anyone know about any plans for either a 1/32 EA-6B or at least a conversion?  What about a 1/32 Su-34?  1/32 MiG-25?  And why doesn't Tamiya release some of the two-seater F-16s, I mean the kit is engineered so you have to attach the front fuselage, or do maybe styrene conversions for F-16B, D, I, etc?  

Let's not forget the F-22 Raptor.

I know, it's boring and gray and has dull repetitive markings, but it's kinda shiny.

Seriously though, it's been in service for 14 years and we don't have a kit of what is likely the best fighter in the world.

:cheers:

3 hours ago, dsahling said:

With a fairly large number of new 1/32 aircraft being released, Trumpeter's MiG-29 line, TanModel Su-33, does anyone know about any plans for either a 1/32 EA-6B or at least a conversion?  What about a 1/32 Su-34?  1/32 MiG-25?  And why doesn't Tamiya release some of the two-seater F-16s, I mean the kit is engineered so you have to attach the front fuselage, or do maybe styrene conversions for F-16B, D, I, etc?  

Yup even though I normally don't build in 1/32nd I would love a 1/32nd Prowler. That is such a great looking aircraft and probably why I have 4 of the silly things in 1/48th. Of course my favourite aircraft is the A-4 Skyhawk so I have several of these in 1/32nd but they are not that big in that scale.

As for Tamiya not releasing the 1/32nd two seater F-16 (even though it looks like the kit is set up for it) I think they do this on purpose so it gives them options down the road. The thing with Tamiya or for that matter Hasegawa too I think, it seems they work on their own schedule. Look at how long Hasegawa took to release the two seater A-4 or the two seat F-104. Time and money I guess :dontknow:

4 hours ago, Zactoman said:

Let's not forget the F-22 Raptor.

I know, it's boring and gray and has dull repetitive markings, but it's kinda shiny.

Seriously though, it's been in service for 14 years and we don't have a kit of what is likely the best fighter in the world.

:cheers:

I've actually always really liked the look of the F-22, I did one in 1/48th a few years back, I enjoyed doing the camouflage as since the sheen weathers and reflects light differently at different angles it can actually be a lot of fun to airbrush.  I'd love to see 1/32 F-22, and you're right its been out for 14 years...why don't we have a big one yet? I mean Italeri is going to be releasing that ugly, stubby looking F-35, how does it go  Can't run, can't climb, can't turn?

3 hours ago, skyhawk174 said:

Yup even though I normally don't build in 1/32nd I would love a 1/32nd Prowler. That is such a great looking aircraft and probably why I have 4 of the silly things in 1/48th. Of course my favourite aircraft is the A-4 Skyhawk so I have several of these in 1/32nd but they are not that big in that scale.

As for Tamiya not releasing the 1/32nd two seater F-16 (even though it looks like the kit is set up for it) I think they do this on purpose so it gives them options down the road. The thing with Tamiya or for that matter Hasegawa too I think, it seems they work on their own schedule. Look at how long Hasegawa took to release the two seater A-4 or the two seat F-104. Time and money I guess :dontknow:

Oh man, a new two seat a-4? I could definitely go for that!

12 hours ago, Brenhen said:

Oh man, a new two seat a-4? I could definitely go for that!

Yeah there was that two seater from Hasegawa years ago but needs some resin love. Trumpeter has their single seat A-4s and since those are the most recent releases then they are probably the next one to do so. However never say never.

I'd be down for a 32nd EA-6B too. Its always been a favorite of mine. I'm building the Trumpeter A-6A kit now and am having a blast with it, but man, is it huge! A Prowler would be even bigger! However, a new tool 32nd scale F-5E/F would be number one on my hit list. Supposedly Kitty Hawk is releasing one next month. We'll see...  :pray:  Fred K.

I'd also be interested in:

F-101B

F-102A

F-106A

TA-4J

Ive actually been moving away from 1/32. Currently, I'm gradually finishing up kits that have been sitting for years in a partially finished state and I am avoiding buying more. Cost is a significant factor when I like the 1/32 details, but I always end up with aftermarket pumped into the kit to give it "more". The other factor is room to display.....Those are large kits for the most part and I just haven't got the room. But...I see a 1/32 Su-33 in my future.....I don't think I'll be able to resist.

4 hours ago, f5guy said:

I'd be down for a 32nd EA-6B too. Its always been a favorite of mine. I'm building the Trumpeter A-6A kit now and am having a blast with it, but man, is it huge! A Prowler would be even bigger! However, a new tool 32nd scale F-5E/F would be number one on my hit list. Supposedly Kitty Hawk is releasing one next month. We'll see...  :pray:  Fred K.

I'd also be interested in:

F-101B

F-102A

F-106A

TA-4J

Nice list Fred. Many years ago my friend built the Combat Models (or was it ID Models?) F-101B Voodoo. It was huge!!! However if that came out in 1/32nd I would be sorely tempted to do a CAF CF-101B with the grey scheme and the go fast striping. Saw those fly way back and they blew me away with the noise and power. JP4 yeahhhh!

And yes a newish TA-4J would also be great as the Hasegawa kit needs some love. I do have the Avionix set for the cockpit and that helps.

I listed these five aircraft on my blog not too long ago.

Waco CG-4A glider
Martin B-26 Marauder
Lockheed Martin F-22
Lockheed Martin F-35
Lockheed U-2 series

It’s not what I necessarily what I want to see, but I think they would sell.

http://www.scalemodelsoup.com/2016/09/scale-model-soups-aircraft-wish-list.html

Steven Brown

Scale Model Soup