1/48 Hasegawa F-86 Saber Jet in NMF (Bare Metal Foil)

Well, it took a while, but I finally finished my Saber Jet. I tried to duplicate the following real 1:1 fully restored Saber Jet. I got this photo from Airfighters.com.

plane%20with%20sky%200_zpsjc8z7wgf.jpg

I knew that paint would not be a substitute for the natural metal finish, so I finished my model in Bare Metal Foil. I painted the center section of the main wings with Testors Metalizer Aluminum straight from a rattle can. I used Photoshop to duplicate the plane in flight. You can follow along how I built this model at :

http://cs.finescale.com/fsm/modeling_subjects/f/2/t/173828.aspx

plane%20with%20sky%203_zps6n655lco.jpg

Following are some more pictures of the finished model. The Hasegawa decals were really thick and had a matt carrier film which would look terrible against the metal foil. I cut apart the letters "USAF" so there would be no carrier film. As you can see. I incorrectly located the letters "USAF". They are too close to the fuselage. Oh well, better luck next time.  

DSCN5457_zpspkmbaatx.jpg

DSCN5450_zps4enhrih0.jpg

DSCN5459_zpskgmhcn83.jpg

DSCN5453_zpsu7cvohvz.jpg

In the past I have tried to use paint to duplicate a NMF. I was never able to make it look correct. IMHO, only Bare Metal Foil can duplicate the look of real metal.

These last two pictures are via Photoshop. I picked up photos of runway aprons from the internet and pasted photos of my model on top of the pictures of the aprons. I really like the results.

This is how I made these photos: http://cs.finescale.com/fsm/tools_techniques_and_reference_materials/f/51/t/174209.aspx

DSCN5473%20cutout%204_zps86xzgxku.jpg

plane%20apron%204%20ver%202_zpsatyprppc.

All comments are welcome.