It's time to do a P-80 sheet. Looks like there is quite a lot of stuff that had been done before, but there are some huge omissions as well. What should go on this sheet? Korean War? Drones controllers? Skyblazers? Let me know what you think.

Edited by KursadA
5 minutes ago, MIG Mikkel said:

Latin American ones. Brazil, Chile and Uruguay :)

While these are no doubt huge crowd pleasers, I have to add that I primarily have USAF subjects in mind for the first sheet.

The famous "Rhapsody in Rivets" comes to mind, but I believe the previous decal iterations have been inaccurate - something about the colors of the notes being wrong and/or the size of the design being off. This and its squadron mates were P-80As, and different in detail from the more familiar F-80C used in Korea. Tread carefully.

I think Korean War should be a primary P-80 focus.  Perhaps a whole sheet of Korean War jets and a second with international and ANG jets.  I like the 45th TRS, they flew both the RF-80 and straight F-80's, and they would sit well on a shelf together with an RF-84F in the polka dots markings that you did for the Rf-84f sheet.  Would you size the decals for the hobbyboss or the monogram kit?

corey

Everything that has been done is long gone and much of what has been done is not accurate in light of new info.  I think you will actually end up doing 2 sheets as there are so many interesting subjects.  Some of the USN training aircraft, early USAF, Air Guard and of course Korean service, that is a lot of territory.  

I vote for the early P-80As.  Then again, I have a Fox3 conversion in 1/48 for that.  Most people probably won't go that route.  I would build about any subject from the 412th FG and its transcontinental flight.  In 1/72 the Sword P-80 and F-80 kits are hard to find.

Throw in the P-80Bs from the 94th FS, F-80 Alaska ANG, The Fighter School Acrojets.

Rick L.