Heritagecon 11 - 26 March 2017

I've no affiliation to Heritagecon but I've got my hotel room booked and I'll be attending with an entry or two.  Anyone interested in the 2017 edition photo of ARC at Heritagecon?  We can meet by a specific aircraft at a designated time for a photo of the rogues gallery.

Mike

This time of year I find the rain is much worse and scarier then the snow. Actually been a pretty easy winter so far around here........so.....by definition...........we should be screwed.

I have a few items that I figure I won't get around to building so if you are interested let me know and I will bring it along with me (prices negotiable)

HeritageCon 2017        

A-24A Dauntless Hasegawa JT119:2400 $20.00   U.S. Army Dauntless - Inner Bags Sealed
SBD-3 Dauntless Hasegawa JT19:2200 $20.00   *Partial Decals Only - Inner Bags Sealed
B-25J Mitchell ProModeller 5927 $20.00   Lazy Daisy May/Sag Harbor Express - Inner Bags Sealed
Do 335A-6 Arrow ProModeller 5925 $15.00   Includes photoetched parts - Inner Bags Sealed
F-8 Crusader Monogram 5826 $15.00    
F-111E Aardvark Hobbycraft 1424 $18.00   Inner Bags Sealed
F7F-2 Tigercat AMT 8844 $20.00   Inner Bags Sealed
F-82E Twin Mustang Modelcraft 48-021 $15.00   Ole97 - Inner Bags Sealed
Fokker DVII Revell 04574 $10.00   Inner Bags Sealed
MC-202 Tauro 307 $15.00   Italian & German markings
P-51A Mustang ICM 48161 $12.00   1st Air Commando/Jackie
Ta 154A-0 Moskito Monogram 85-5959 $30.00  

Sealed Kit

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/27/2017 at 0:09 AM, CorsairMan said:

I'm there barring some weather catastrophe

I just checked The Weather Network's long range forecast for next weekend.  Calling for 10-15 cms of snow in Ottawa and 2-4 mm of rain with temps around freezing.  Forecast for Hamilton is somewhat crappy as well.  Depending on what the weather is like, I may not attend.  I'll see what the forecast is like later in the week.

I will be there, sun or snow, rain or schnot. Yes, schnot. Its a weather word I just made up.

Have some money JUST for models and I have every intent of spending it.

Then again, I live only an hour away. Ottawa is a hike and a half.

Edited by phantom
30 minutes ago, AX 365 said:

I just checked The Weather Network's long range forecast for next weekend.  Calling for 10-15 cms of snow in Ottawa and 2-4 mm of rain with temps around freezing.  Forecast for Hamilton is somewhat crappy as well.  Depending on what the weather is like, I may not attend.  I'll see what the forecast is like later in the week.

Well then things should be OK, there have been times when I have been able to compare the WN with real radar images and I really wonder where theirs come from????

I plan to stage out of P'Boro so if I get there then the wx here may not matter!? Am keeping my eye on Environment Canada's forecast which I value more than the WN! Keeping my fingers crossed!!

On 2/22/2017 at 3:52 PM, phantom said:

Make it before lunch. Have a busy day that day. But I still plan on buying stuff first thing in the morning on opening.

On 3/20/2017 at 8:19 PM, phantom said:

10 tomorrow, 11 Friday so there will not be any more snow. Rain and 4 Sat, Light wispy nothing flurry and 2 Sunday. You will be fine. Come on down!

Weather looks pretty good for Sat and Sun from Ottawa too.  I'll be there.

As for the photo, what say all ARC member in attendance gather by the Starfighter at 1100 hrs.  Will you still be there at that time, phantom?

Edited by AX 365
3 hours ago, phantom said:

Oh yeah, 11 no doubt. However I will bet the Starfighter is parked outside again.

Okay then.  How about we meet around the Lancaster.  I know it won't be parked outside.  Other places we might gather?