Microscale 72-330 decals for f-84f

Hi everybody.

I am in desperate search of microscale 72330 decal sheet for bushmasters and blue streaks thunderstreaks.

I have an f-84f ready for decaling but the sheet i had bought proved to be defective as decals litterally disintegtated with water.

So here i am with a naked thunderstreak and begging anyone who could trace this elusive microscale set to please help me. Thanks!

Edited by Bobo1953
Orthography

Dear slartibartfast.

Thank you very much for your hint but

I m an absolute beginner and can't even find a way to post a post again.

When i registered i was brought to a "write your post here" or the like. I choose "jets" and my post went to

the archived posts.

Now i have copied  my msg to paste it in another place but i can't!

Can you be so nice to help me out? :-)

If I were at my PC, I could take screen shots to help but I'm currently using an iPad and I'm lucky if I can copy-paste a url.  Maybe later.

For a start, scroll to the top of this thread. Look for Home > Aircraft Modeling Forums > Jet Modeling > Jet Modeling Archived Topics in the upper-left corner.

Each phrase is a link. Click on Home to return to the top level of the forum board. Each phrase to right of an > drops your down one level in the hierarchy of the board structure. Likewise, click to the left of the > takes you back up the hierarchy.

Once you've reach the level you want, you'll see a start new post link next to the reply to this topic button on the top right.

Edited by Slartibartfast

dear slartibartfast (wow! difficult to spell...!)

i followed your kind instructions, but i only got to the archived jets undercategory. it looks like the category jets has only the undercategory of "archived".

i mean that you can get to the jets, but under this "upper" category you can't post new discussions, while the only such button i find is in the jets' undercategory "archived".

many heartedly thanks for your help.

do you need an image of the 72-330 sheet? i can upload one! just let me know (of all this messy thing). thanks!

have a great day.

best greetings, bobo1953.

f-84 f decals resize.jpg

Until this gets into the right forum; can you buy Micro Scale products where you are? If so, buy some Micro 'Decal Film', it is a clear coating for problem decals. You can paint it on with a brush or spray if you are skilled with your airbrush. It dries very, very thin so you may not be able to tell which decal is coated, do all you need right away!

HTH

hi flyboyf18

yes, i did already airbrush the sheet with the microscale liquid decal film, and it seems to work.

the problem is that although at first the job looked nice, in the lap of some two-three months the part that comprises the very markings -the red bushmasters' ones- i intend to use, developed a sort of small bubbling of the surface which, for the rest of the sheet, has remained smooth. (no humidity or mishandlings of any kind).

i have another problem besides, that is i need a "u.s. air force" stenciling couple because the surviving one that is in the picture, was used for a peculiar "korean" f-86f.

this is why i am looking for a new unused 72-330 sheet.

but, flyboyf18, if you know something about the bubbles that appeared -by the way, maybe they would disappear once dipped in water instead of disintegrating?- please just tell me.

many many thanks.

best cheers, bobo1953.

Home > Aircraft Modeling Forums > Jet Modeling > Jet Modeling Archived Topics > Microscale 72-330 decals for f-84f

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,/\

He means at the top of this thread, you can click the "Jet Modeling" link.

Then, when you get to that page, just scroll down the page a small amount, and the current Jet Topics will be displayed,,,,then you use the "Start New Topic" blue button. If you use that one, you will be talking in the space that all of the current convos are going on. It appears that you are clicking "Jet Modeling Archived Topics" and then "Start new topic." That is how these threads are popping up in the Archives so often.

dear rex. thank you for your contribution. it was decisive!

i'm happy to say that although after some head-scratching, i eventually got to the proper jets new topic!

many thanks!!!

have a great day.

best cheers. bobo1953 ( bobo).